A Lesson In Character

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
ddmx

A Lesson In Character

Post by ddmx »

What I hope to do with this topic is not change who you are, not change who you've been, it's not to call you out, it's not even to change who you are gonna be. It's to make you realize something about yourself that you may not have noticed before. I'm gonna try to teach everyone willing to accept it, a lesson in character; who you are as a person and how your actions around the world of Mx Simulator display that. I hope that what I'm about to say is more than enough to help you see how others perceive you based on your actions. You don't have to read this, it's completely voluntary, but I'm hoping that you do read it. I would hope that you take the time to read what I have taken the time to write. Maybe that's a giant metaphor though, as you might later see.

First off, I will take into consideration the ideals of racing online. This is pretty much a giant shout out to those of you who don't finish races, who pull the infamous "disconnect/reconnect", and to those of you dropping f bombs, calling others out, taking people out, and begging to no end. How do you feel others perceive you when you do these things. Does it not become obvious that you are automatically stereotyped as young, immature little kids? How does this make you feel. Or are you too stubborn and caught up with pride to realize that you are even doing any harm? Take for instance the disconnect reconnect. You know the reason you do it, so do I. When you fall behind in a race, you quit then start again in order to preserve your stats. There is something deeper that you do though, and you may not realize it. Why don't you choose to finish the race like a true winner, accepting the 2nd, or 3rd you may have gotten? Quitting is only a testament to who you are on the inside, I hope you all realize this. I see it, do you? Furthermore, why do you feel it necessary to call others out online. Just the other day I had someone come online, someone I did not recognize. It was most likely someone I knew going under a fake alias. He, without being provoked, immediately began bashing me and all my work I do for this game. He left no stone untouched from his rants of my bike models, to my tracks, to my own personality. How do you think this, not only to me, but to others it happens to, makes us feel? I knew right off the bat it wasn't about me, it was about him. I actually felt sorry for him and how much he hates life, because no one can call someone else out like that without first hating their own life and achievements. I would just like you all to think before you speak, and maybe use a little maturity in your actions, a little politeness in your speech, and a little kindness in your words.

Secondly, I would like to address the issues of the forums, and more importantly the greed that has come upon you people. Us, the creators for the community, do not get paid, we do not get anything for our work short of the compliments we get from the community. It is nothing less than being spit in the face when the same people ask for the same stuff over and over again. What does that say about your character? You are so greedy in your mindset that you will do nothing short of hacking a computer to get what you want? Nothing comes for nothing is a great statement. In this case the second nothing is replaced by hard work, and timeless hours. I myself do it for my own personal enjoyment, and the fact that one day I might be able to make a living doing it. There is not one day that goes by where I don't consider that option. Yet, in amidst all this, you still find the time to beg and plead for the next newest model, the next best skin, the next greatest track, the next best update to the game, everything. The greed that succumbs some of you just merely makes me want to quit working with this game, move on to other things in my life, and maybe, just maybe, quit all together. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that I am a god at what I do, this isn't about me, it's about you. I just want you all to realize what this is all about. It's about learning, making connections, enjoying motocross, playing video games, and just plain having fun. Don't be the one that ruins it for everyone.

Lastly, your name on this forum says a lot about you. The typical users can pick out who are gonna be the problem children from an early stage. Whether you are creating useless topics, being a post whore, begging for content, or being just plain annoying, the elders pick you out quick. That's a grudge that doesn't soon go away. I know, because I most typically develop grudges from an early stage, learning who is gonna be the next annoying person on the forums, everyone does it I assume. You don't have to be that person, you don't have to carry that tag, but it just takes some effort on your side. You have to think about what you want in life, for this game, and for this community. Behind this monitor you are a completely different person. I know of at least on person on this site that is paralyzing, and carries badly burned skin. He is treated with respect just like every other elder. So, what I'm getting at with all this talk is, take a minute to think about how people perceive you, is that who you wanna be? Do you nag, do you call others out, are you a jerk, are you a post whore, and do you give back at all to this community? If that is you, then change it around, become the role model, become the person that noobs look up to, be that guy that everyone talks about. To those that read this, thank you. To those that didn't, well, this banner-hammer's big enough for the lot of ya.

-David
gordy
Team: Privateer

Re: A Lesson In Character

Post by gordy »

instupitious.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Well said DDMX

Well said Gordy

Well well said DJ
gordy

Post by gordy »

glad to see we both took it so seriously
instupitious.
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

DJ wrote:Well said DDMX

Well said Gordy

Well well said DJ
well said. :P

sadly the group of people that this is aimed at will most likely not read this. and the reasons are in there.
gordy

Post by gordy »

fact of the matter is, most people dont consider the other people on the internet/forums as actual living persons, and as thus, the amounts of empathy and sympathy to be found on the internet are incredibly incredibly low (4chan is a prime example of this :lol: )
therefore, people are only looking out for numero uno in this cold digital world, they dont give a crap about anything that doesnt entertain or benefit them, and its just something you have to get used to.
instupitious.
REIDY-171

Post by REIDY-171 »

All very valid points. But sadly as mentioned above, who it was aimed at most likely won't bother to read it.
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

all this is really good to hear, good word in there, but like you all said unfortunately no everyone will read or get it right, because thisd game is really good, but some people can be so annoying that it can give a bad vibe to the game and sometime just quit the online because of the acting of some people. now i just ride almost 19801 or 19803 because of this (and also because i prefer the tracks), but at least there are less bad comportment and you can play relax enjoying everything!
hope everyone read and apply what ddmx say!
02CRF450R

Post by 02CRF450R »

gordy wrote:fact of the matter is, most people dont consider the other people on the internet/forums as actual living persons,
actual living persons? i thought the internet was a single player game.....
4-stroke induced bankruptee.
gordy

Post by gordy »

nah man, its been multiplayer since v1.2.5
instupitious.
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

I think i need a translator rigth now, or mayby some english lessons....
You dont speack fin do you? By any change?
"Ride hard and die, Thats just life"
"I like Dirt and Bikes, does that make me mentaly sick?"
ShackAttack12 wrote: Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

amen David!
the only problem about all this, as stated by everyone else is that us who read actually don't really need to, while the ones that should read it and learn a lot from it surely won't do.
so it's kind of a useless post (don't want to flame, hope you know what i mean) but it's good to see that someone really cares about this game, this forum, this community and all.
i still hope for the best in the future, because right now there are too many wrong people around here and honestly i don't really see a way for changing them.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Thanks DDMX for putting in the time to write this. You certainly hit the nail on the head for many of your points.
Even if it gets to a few people it will be worth it :D

Could you also add in that spelling and punctuation is important as well as reading what you type before you send it.
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

Yeah, spelling things right really gives more credibility to your posts. I know many people here are non-native english speakers, including me, and it is hard for some of them. I could suggest everyone to use google as a spelling check. I mean if you're not sure how some word is written, it only takes you two seconds to type it in google and see the right spelling. This not only gives more credibility to your post, it also improves your english skills. Also putting more effort to your posts also cuts away the most useless ones. Also the excessive (checked this word from google :wink: ) use of abbreviations really eats the quality of your post.

Anyways really good post with many valid points by ddmx.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Mikey should read this thread