MXS Bike Setup Application (v3.1 01-Aug-2010)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
sam-brinkley
Team: Pro Privateer

Re: MXS Bike Setup Application

Post by sam-brinkley »

Ok i have got it in my personal folder and i made the setup i want how to i switch setups in tyhe game ?
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

very cool , i would suggest you and jlv talk and work out something, great idea and step forward for the game.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
sam-brinkley
Team: Pro Privateer

Post by sam-brinkley »

by sam-brinkley » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:32 pm

Ok i have got it in my personal folder and i made the setup i want how to i switch setups in tyhe game ?

Can some one answer ?
totorox

Post by totorox »

Thx vor this very nice tool :)
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

giopanda wrote:maybe you can add a separate folder that include different xml files, one for each setup, so we can maybe share our settings..
I can do that, I put all setups in one file because it's easier to work with while building the application.
I would have to change a couple of things.
sam-brinkley wrote:Re: MXS Bike Setup Application
by sam-brinkley » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:32 pm

Can some one answer ?
you can select the setup in the drop down box on the Overview tab, and then click the "Load this setup" button. the selected setup will be loaded into the config file.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
giopanda
Team: Privateer

Post by giopanda »

Servatis wrote: I can do that, I put all setups in one file because it's easier to work with while building the application.
I would have to change a couple of things.
well actually we could do that even with a single file, it's just a matter of copy pasting inside the xml, no big deal..
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

well.. a quote from a wise man: "Progress isn't made by early-risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something".
in the spirit of that, I resent copy/pasting if it can be programmed into the application :)

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
giopanda
Team: Privateer

Post by giopanda »

ahah ok!
good for you that want to get involved into the project and expand and develope it!
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Nice....I've always used pretty much stock settings because I knew it would make it worse for certain tracks and I'd have to change a lot, now I may actually test out some different settings! Thanks Servatis.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

ok, so I was planning to upload the new version here at school but the proxy here is ****, I can't upload files.
I already deleted the old version so there is currently no download link.

As soon as I get home in about 7 hours. I will post the new version and an explanation of the new options.

BTW. All setups are now saved in seperate .xml files and some things have been changed inside the .xml file. this means you can't just copy past the setups you have in the current version. just a warning to not create loads of setups because you will have to make them again.
if you do have a lot of setups in the current version you can ask me to edit them into usable files, but that will have to wait because i'm quite busy :).

---

MXS Cares
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

The new version is up for download.

some additions and changes have been made:
first of all the setups now all have thier own .xml file. making excanging setups easy.
second there is a "grab setup from config file" added to the setup editor tab, allowing the user to grab the current settings out of MXS.
besides that there have been a number of cosmetic changes, like the overview table has been made read-only and the column names now have better names.
Also there have been some changes to the .xml files so copy/pasting will not work. like I explained in my previous post.

Hope you like it, and if you have any comments or find any bugs, please tell me.

---

MXS Cares
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Would like to have automatic shifting etc included.

Otherwise, this is freakin awesome
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

I've got one thing that could be counted as a bug I suppose. Ever since I started to use this, buttons for pause and next rider won't work without reconfiguring them. I think it's because those two are defined with using a finnish keyboad and both names have the letter ä in their defining names. It doesn't show that letter ingame but I've noticed that after I load a setup into the game, there's two spaces inplace of that letter in the button definitions (not working then) and when they're redefined there's only one space and then it works again.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
iceman967
Team: Aggressive Graphix

Post by iceman967 »

well sir. you have out done yourself. this is certainly an asset to the game and will help out so much. Thank you!
"Just don't lose... ever" (James "bubba" Stewart-The Great Outdoors: A Constant War)
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

Nice, this realy realy helps in mxs!
But i came up with and HELP window idea..
Cuz ppl dont mayby know what sertain selections means? ??
Like what they do, so is there a way to get a button like help witch tells you whats this program all about and what like Damping speed =****
Cause im not so good in eglish, i can speak and i understand simple sentances, but these mx words, are complete blur in my head.
So if you could please try to add help button. (I think im not the only one here needing some help mayby? like new dudes, different language users)

Sorry for my bad english, this is realy a HUGE improvment!

Ty.
"Ride hard and die, Thats just life"
"I like Dirt and Bikes, does that make me mentaly sick?"
ShackAttack12 wrote: Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.