MXS Bike Setup Application (v3.1 01-Aug-2010)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Servatis

Re: MXS Bike Setup Application

Post by Servatis »

that would be an option, however I myself am not entirely sure how to explain all the MXS setup options.
I know what the settings do but I don't know how to explain it all.

maybe someone that can explain it in propper english would be willing to write it down and send it to me.
Shadow wrote:I've got one thing that could be counted as a bug I suppose. Ever since I started to use this, buttons for pause and next rider won't work without reconfiguring them. I think it's because those two are defined with using a finnish keyboad and both names have the letter ä in their defining names. It doesn't show that letter ingame but I've noticed that after I load a setup into the game, there's two spaces inplace of that letter in the button definitions (not working then) and when they're redefined there's only one space and then it works again.
ah. ok yes that is a problem I didn't notice since I use an English keyboard.
The solution to this problem is fairly simple and I'll upload the new version tomorrow (5-11) I hope.

I have also added a section to the original post "Loading a setup into MXS" as I noticed this was missing :)

Last but not least I have a request for the admins.
Can this topic be stickied or maybe this application can added to the 'scripts, software and other stuff' topic?
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Yeah no doubt sticky this or something, it's a big deal for this game!!!
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Mutt
Team: Privateer

Post by Mutt »

Yea, it's great. Im using it, ty Servatis. :)
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

new vesion posted.

bug fixed: non-unicode characters will now be properly saved in the config file.

agian, post any problems here please :)

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

sorry that is supposed to be "all unicode characters will be propperly saved" :)

---

MXS Cares
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

Something i tougth would be cool for a application (a new one) was A sound system, life for speed (if you ever played that) has 2 different styles to get your sounds in, one is ingame editor, one is engine files that you could make in some program and get them to the rigth way.
Im not shure how hard would it be to get Sounds ingame (i mean the now days sounds are kk, but you cant rly that mutch get 2s and 4s differences)
But i just wanted to say that would be cool if someone could do something to get the sounds good too while the grafix are building along nowdays aswell.
If you need help with making sound i could try i have some sound devices and capture thingys.
Well anyways back to setup :

This.. Is... good, 3 words can tell more than... 1000.... that dont make sence i know but anyways cool application and thanks so mutch now i can try making my setups
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Duckstream wrote:Something i tougth would be cool for a application (a new one) was A sound system, life for speed (if you ever played that) has 2 different styles to get your sounds in, one is ingame editor, one is engine files that you could make in some program and get them to the rigth way.
Im not shure how hard would it be to get Sounds ingame (i mean the now days sounds are kk, but you cant rly that mutch get 2s and 4s differences)
But i just wanted to say that would be cool if someone could do something to get the sounds good too while the grafix are building along nowdays aswell.
If you need help with making sound i could try i have some sound devices and capture thingys.
Well anyways back to setup :

This.. Is... good, 3 words can tell more than... 1000.... that dont make sence i know but anyways cool application and thanks so mutch now i can try making my setups
I don't think i can help in that department...
the sound is all coded into the game, trying to change that would actually be illegal I think :).

---

MXS Cares
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Hey Servatis, remembered just now that I haven't mentioned that the space and up arrow still won't work. Now it has a "?" instead of the two spaces like in your previous version. And once again, after remapping there's only one space inplace of ä character.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Shadow wrote:Hey Servatis, remembered just now that I haven't mentioned that the space and up arrow still won't work. Now it has a "?" instead of the two spaces like in your previous version. And once again, after remapping there's only one space inplace of ä character.
mmm thats strange, i tested it before i uploaded it.

now the same thing happens when i try it.

i'll have a look at the code right now :)

---

MXS Cares
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

new version is up,

don't know what went wrong with the last version but i changed a couple of things and it's working like a charm now.

tell me if you have any troubles with this one :)

---

MXS Cares
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

Servatis wrote:I don't think i can help in that department...
the sound is all coded into the game, trying to change that would actually be illegal I think :).
I ment like if you co-oparate with jlv?
It maybe possible, but i cant tell how cuz i dont even know how to code 1 line ingame OR making a application.
But anyways keep up the good work on the setup application.
It was just a suggestion :)
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Version 2.0 is in developement. I don't have a lot of time to work on it right now though.

Additions/changes to the application in V2.0:
- The new suspension settings.
- Improved method of selecting and loading a setup into the config file.
- Settings can no longer be set outside of the limits provided by MX Simulator.
- A help section.

Will try to get it done as soon as possible, sometime next week most likely.

---

MXS Cares
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

Help section that will be by the far best thing, now theres the suspension oiling and Like irl setting in game its impossible to setup them ingame to memorize all settings,
have you spoken to jlv about multiply setting list?
Like the skins but there could be just limited settings (what i mean is : 5-10 settings, default different in eatch one and you could change them straigth on the application and would not have to select the old settings again and work as mutch, its not that easy you know EVEN if theres help button or tutorial how to use.)
Its just a suggestion.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Not sure if i understand you correctly but are you talking about gear setups? like a similar application for gear?
Because i don't really see a big advantage there, I myself mostly just spend some time picking out gear and then i stick with that for a month or so.
then when I want a change I once again pick gear i like. I hardly ever re-use the exact same gear.
and the guys that are in teams are going to have thier team gear.

I don't know if i can get an explanation of all the settings in the application because to be honest I don't fully understand all settings myself yet.
I was just going to add a help section on how to use the application, like creating new setups etc.

---

MXS Cares
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

No no no no.
Not gear i ment like riding gear you can choose it on the list (like the helmet, bike skin, track etc.) there could be just simple setups (many same list) to choose from, you could just save eatch one differently, like supercross #1 MX #2 random good setup (mistake :D) #3 and etc.
Now if you understood?

And about the help, that is good also, but if you can just the simple things that efect majory in your bike could be like bit explained.