MXS Bike Setup Application (v3.1 01-Aug-2010)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: MXS Bike Setup Application

Post by yzmxer608 »

I'm having problems downloading it, MediaFire says it's an invalid file or it was deleted.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

I can download it just fine myself.. i'll try to find a second place to upload it for you, hang on :)
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Hmmm, it worked now :?, must have been a lag in the connection or something.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
LuKe
Team: Privateer

Post by LuKe »

one word.......SUPERB
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

yzmxer608 wrote:Hmmm, it worked now :?, must have been a lag in the connection or something.
good to know, was just about to go searching :)

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
narm33

Re: MXS Bike Setup Application (v2.1 30-dec-2009)

Post by narm33 »

some one post a setup so i can try it....................?
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

hey wen i try to load a settings this comes up:
what do i have to do???
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

like the instruction sais on the first post, the MXS Bike Setup Application.exe file should be located in your personal folder.
if it's not in the personal folder the application will not be able to locate the config file (this will probably be fixed in the next version).

---

MXS Cares
Vellu
Team: IRRG

Post by Vellu »

Servatis wrote:(this will probably be fixed in the next version).
I don't think it's necessary, because we can always do a shortcut to the desktop. And it would be hard I think because xp and vista have different adresses for pers. folder.
Stability:
jlv wrote: You can do some fairly tame whips with it set to 95, but to really get it sideways you need to set it under 60.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Vellu wrote:
Servatis wrote:(this will probably be fixed in the next version).
I don't think it's necessary, because we can always do a shortcut to the desktop. And it would be hard I think because xp and vista have different adresses for pers. folder.
well there is a specially designed class in the .NET framework that allows for easy access to those user folders. So that is not the problem.
There is another problem though; getting into the personal folder from the outside results in denied access on vista/win7, havent tested on xp yet. that was the initial reason for me to program it this way.
trying to find a way around is not as easy as I thought it was, or I might just be looking in the wrong direction :)

---

MXS Cares
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Servatis wrote:like the instruction sais on the first post, the MXS Bike Setup Application.exe file should be located in your personal folder.
if it's not in the personal folder the application will not be able to locate the config file (this will probably be fixed in the next version).
Use SHGetSpecialFolderPath(NULL, path, CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA, 0) to get the local appdata folder, then add "MX Simulator\config" to the returned path.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

well i use,

Code: Select all

string configPath = Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.LocalApplicationData) + "\\MX Simulator\\config"; 
to save the path, which after a little research i found does basically the same thing as your suggested code.
it works fine on my laptop which runs vista(messed around with admin rights and login etc. to get rid if annoying messages), I haven't tried it on XP yet.
but on my PC which runs Windows 7, it throws an exception that the folder is not accessible due to rights on the folder.

now i was thinking since you can change the attributes of a file(read-only, hidden, etc) through code, the same is probably true for folders.
but i have yet to find a way to temporarily give the app the rights to access the folder.

---

MXS Cares
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

due to rights on the folder.
Thats what shits me about Windows 7, all that folder permission shit
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Ever since XP windows has been anal about "user account control".
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, UAC annoys the shit out of me. I ended up disabling it completely, despite the risks it may involve.