2015-07-16 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Re: 2015-07-16 snapshot

Post by motokid499 »

If you have access to the email you bought the game with, I would just uninstall the game and re-download the full installer from your email. Make sure to save your personal folder and its contents though.
Tanner Rogers
btrill135
Team: Privateer

Post by btrill135 »

I did that to install the 1-10, problem is im on a mac and very few people use that on here so when i have a problem theres always confusion.
btrill135

Post by btrill135 »

when i typed generic frame into finder zzzs.saf and zzzstestzz.saf popped up

when i typed generic rider into finder nothing popped up.

Im not sure if finder is what im supposed to be searching for those in but hopefully this will help someone help me
motokid499
Team: Phil's

Post by motokid499 »

btrill135 wrote:when i typed generic frame into finder zzzs.saf and zzzstestzz.saf popped up

Im not sure if finder is what im supposed to be searching for those in but hopefully this will help someone help me
I would PM jlv.
Tanner Rogers
O'Brien#178

Post by O'Brien#178 »

jlv wrote:
O'Brien#178 wrote:Ok cool so it's basically the difference between the uncompressed length and the compressed length when the spring is fitted. Any idea of what is the standard difference? I can't find the compressed length info anywhere!
Not sure what the typical factory preload is, but I'm sure you already know that everyone just adjusts it to sag about 4 inches with the rider on the bike.

Sorry for the repeated asking, i'm trying to get my head round the numbers involved. I've got the uncompressed length of the shock spring but i can't find the compressed length any where.... I've also got the compressed length from the top eye of the shock to the preload collar....again this isn't helpful when trying to calculate the difference... :D

I'm not wanting set ups just the right rear preload so i can develop my own, My brain is melting! :D What's people using for the KX450f for rear preload that gives around the 4" (100mm) mark?
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

What are client updates?
btrill135

Post by btrill135 »

I honestly don't know what that even means lol
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

O'Brien#178 wrote:
jlv wrote:
O'Brien#178 wrote:Ok cool so it's basically the difference between the uncompressed length and the compressed length when the spring is fitted. Any idea of what is the standard difference? I can't find the compressed length info anywhere!
Not sure what the typical factory preload is, but I'm sure you already know that everyone just adjusts it to sag about 4 inches with the rider on the bike.

Sorry for the repeated asking, i'm trying to get my head round the numbers involved. I've got the uncompressed length of the shock spring but i can't find the compressed length any where.... I've also got the compressed length from the top eye of the shock to the preload collar....again this isn't helpful when trying to calculate the difference... :D

I'm not wanting set ups just the right rear preload so i can develop my own, My brain is melting! :D What's people using for the KX450f for rear preload that gives around the 4" (100mm) mark?
You are overthinking it. Just adjust it until it rides good and don't worry about the number.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

jbob23 wrote:Just sitting here wondering, how many snapshots have you released where you made a significant change to how the bike and rider react but didn't tell us? Also have you ever said you changed something but you really didn't?
For the snapshot posts, I get the change list from SVN (the version control software I use) and list everything that's makes a difference to end users. That means I list pretty much everything except changes that just make the code look neater or remove compiler warnings or whatever.

I have posted multiple exe's before without saying what the difference is between them when I've been testing stuff and want objective answers. But that's always a situation where I'm asking "which is better, a or b?" and don't want to bias the results.
btrill135 wrote:when i typed generic frame into finder zzzs.saf and zzzstestzz.saf popped up

Did you put the snapshot exe in the same folder as the zzz*.saf files?
aeffertz wrote:What are client updates?
If you mean the client version number, there's an option on the server to require a minimum client version number for a player to be allowed to connect.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

I'm having a hard time getting used to the new suspension. Sliding and swapping everywhere! :cry:
btrill135

Post by btrill135 »

aeffertz wrote:I'm having a hard time getting used to the new suspension. Sliding and swapping everywhere! :cry:
I am too as well, I'm curious what i need to change on my setup now to keep that from happening. Any guesses?
O'Brien#178

Post by O'Brien#178 »

SMR 510RR wrote: Sorry for the repeated asking, i'm trying to get my head round the numbers involved. I've got the uncompressed length of the shock spring but i can't find the compressed length any where.... I've also got the compressed length from the top eye of the shock to the preload collar....again this isn't helpful when trying to calculate the difference... :D

You are overthinking it. Just adjust it until it rides good and don't worry about the number.[/quote]

Yeah i decided that.....just being a bit of a tart now! lol

No worries, Thanks anyway
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Post by Bubba40 »

Fixed bug where reversing removed some dab limits.
Can you put this back to the old way. Seems a lot better because when you barely clip a rider you can stay up from old dab limits.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Bubba40 wrote:Fixed bug where reversing removed some dab limits.
Can you put this back to the old way so that people like me can continue to exploit the bug and get passed actually falling over? NOT FAIR ANYMORE
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
killuminati225

Post by killuminati225 »

When i go to download it. It keeps telling me can't find dame data. I tried to reinstall but no go. Any help?