PC help!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
HolstadMX
Team: Privateer

PC help!

Post by HolstadMX »

can anybody guide me to what a really good computer is so i can buy this game and finish my glamis repilca, also to play cysis.
ddmx

Re: PC help!

Post by ddmx »

If I were you, I'd go with the ENIAC. It's set to debut in early 2010 and looks to be the best computer money can buy. The US has already used it for calculating artillery firing tables, in the US Army's Ballistic Research Laboratory, and it's even been used in the development of nuclear warfare. I can't believe they're actually releasing such technology to the public. Boasting speeds 1000 times faster than any electro-mechanical machine today, this unmatched computer would be an amazing buy. It's even said to be able to go 8 years of continuous operation, meaning it's great for ripping dvd's in 1,080,000,000,000,000p. The only downside is, is that it's about 6 million dollars in today's market. Eh, chump change.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Get something with a good Nvidia card in it. The ATI cards might win benchmarks but their GL drivers don't work.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
HolstadMX
Team: Privateer

Post by HolstadMX »

gdt phoenix wrote:If I were you, I'd go with the ENIAC. It's set to debut in early 2010 and looks to be the best computer money can buy. The US has already used it for calculating artillery firing tables, in the US Army's Ballistic Research Laboratory, and it's even been used in the development of nuclear warfare. I can't believe they're actually releasing such technology to the public. Boasting speeds 1000 times faster than any electro-mechanical machine today, this unmatched computer would be an amazing buy. It's even said to be able to go 8 years of continuous operation, meaning it's great for ripping dvd's in 1,080,000,000,000,000p. The only downside is, is that it's about 6 million dollars in today's market. Eh, chump change.
only 6 million dollars! no wonder were in so much debt. all those bigwigs in office must love their video games
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

ibuypower, or build a custom one if you want one for gaming :wink:
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

gdt phoenix wrote:If I were you, I'd go with the ENIAC. It's set to debut in early 2010 and looks to be the best computer money can buy. The US has already used it for calculating artillery firing tables, in the US Army's Ballistic Research Laboratory, and it's even been used in the development of nuclear warfare. I can't believe they're actually releasing such technology to the public. Boasting speeds 1000 times faster than any electro-mechanical machine today, this unmatched computer would be an amazing buy. It's even said to be able to go 8 years of continuous operation, meaning it's great for ripping dvd's in 1,080,000,000,000,000p. The only downside is, is that it's about 6 million dollars in today's market. Eh, chump change.
Best computer money can buy and the price is only 6 million dollars? I find that hard to believe.

Not be totally offtopic, I'd recommend to build your own pc instead of buying a complete pc package.
For example:
Intel's i7 cpu (Don't really know anything about the latest amd processors so I can't say if they're better or not)
some motherboard that supports the said cpu
4-6 Gb of DDR3 RAM memory
For the graphics driver, it doesn't really matter whether you'll get an nvidia or ati card, both will have models strong enough to play pretty much any game there is. Only thing to remember if you'll get an ati card, is that you'll need to use version 9.7 drivers so mxsim will be stable.
Plus all the other stuff like hard drives, and dvd/cd drives and a psu
And a case if you don't have one

I think the price range will be somewhere around 1000-1300 dollars if you put the effort to compare prices from different internet shops. Then you'll have a pc that will last pretty damn long without a need to invest money into upgrading it.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

For AMD's processors, their flagship cpu, the Phenom II 965 BE 125W is about on par with the Intel i5. i5 is the little brother to Intel's flagship, the i7. Overclocked though, the i5 kills the 965.

toto said the 9.12 drivers don't have the memory leak anymore.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Tonymoto

Post by Tonymoto »

I love MX!!!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Wow, I never new prebuilts could come with watercooling and dual 5870's or dual 295's..... :shock:
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.