Dear JLV. (Internet connection)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Atom6246

Dear JLV. (Internet connection)

Post by Atom6246 »

While in my semi tonight I noticed I was in 5th around mid way through the race. Another lap goes by, I look at my pitboard and I'm suddenly in 6th. I was riding by myself, I passed no one (obviously) no one passed me. I've came to the conclusion that Mullins pulled the Ethernet plug on his computer and rode most of the race by himself. After a few laps goes by he plugs it back in and is back to racing to avoid the carnage. Now this is very hard to know if he did this purposely or if his internet was actually spiking although I never noticed any previous internet issues for him.

I tested this myself shortly after I realized what he was doing.

I started a 10 lap race once the gate dropped I unplugged my Ethernet cable. Did 9 laps stopped at the front of the finish, plugged it back in, and finished as if I was racing with internet the whole time just with nobody on the track (The dream).

Why and how is this a thing?
Lnxa
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: Dear JLV. (Internet connection)

Post by Lnxa »

[center][b]|[/b] 2013 EMF MX1 Champion - 3x rF 450 MX Champion ('15/'16/'17) [b]|[/b]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/Lnxamxs]Youtube[/url] [url=https://www.twitch.tv/lnxa]Twitch[/url]
"I hit my desk too hard again and my game crashed" -Rush[/center]
[img]https://yip.su/1w7sq7[/img]
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

See he just admitted it. Trying to roast me by posting a pic of pizza because apparently I have a pizza face. Sad.
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

Could have some sort of max 10s timeout per 5 minutes or so? Also JLV would it be possible to have some autokick for people with super high ping? Like "--ping-limit 350", then if they (in some way) average more than 350 for 'x' amount of time, they are disconnected?
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

Atom6246 wrote:I've came to the conclusion that Mullins pulled the Ethernet plug on his computer and rode most of the race by himself.
lol this is a joke. Can't believe anyone would even think about doing this, let alone follow through with it. What's the point in racing if you're having to cheat to ride around the track by yourself? Must be some serious self-esteem points wrapped up in a finishing position of a video game race.

I would be interested to know how you discovered it was happening. Was it really just the invisible pass for 5th place, or something else? Hopefully there is an easy fix for this, honestly still can't believe someone is doing it - and if he hadn't started trolling your posts I flat out wouldn't believe it.
Aggressively Mediocre Image
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

ohh yeh this is a thing alright!
i remember yrs ago i had the shittiest dongle wifi thing and it cut out all the time. One time it cut out at the start of a national race while i was on the gate and didnt reconnect itself till around the 3rd lap. All of a sudden i was miles ahead!!! i still didnt win :(
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Happened to me at 2012 Steel City in the first 250 moto for a few laps. It sucks that people are now on to it, it's super OP.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Rayvenator
Team: TM Factory Racing

Post by Rayvenator »

Yeah as always people take no pride in actually winning on equal terms.

BTW shouldnt this be pretty easy to spot on the demos?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

In iRacing if it happens you get booted but you can reconnect... Not possible in MXS.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

Mikey wrote:Happened to me at 2012 Steel City in the first 250 moto for a few laps. It sucks that people are now on to it, it's super OP.
Back on my laptop in EMF I would be lagging really bad and everyone would go invisible. I would ride 10-15 laps of the main alone, then sometime near the end re-appear and boom I'd finish in the top 5. It is super OP and if you're doing it on purpose you're a total piece of shit. Using your lag to plow people is one thing, but doing this to ride in warmup essentially is another (way worse) thing.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Sucky thing is, we now have to do something to eliminate it... hence, more time and effort. And then on top of that, those who have legitimate issues will get kicked because there isn't a way to prevent guys doing it on purpose.
team canada

Post by team canada »

thanks jesse how am i gonna cheat now
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Now if only we had Jesse's address.... :lol: :lol:
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

checkerz wrote:Sucky thing is, we now have to do something to eliminate it... hence, more time and effort. And then on top of that, those who have legitimate issues will get kicked because there isn't a way to prevent guys doing it on purpose.
I'm sad this is what it has come to but I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if you guys looked into it. Pretty much all I'm asking for so thank you.
Rayvenator wrote:Yeah as always people take no pride in actually winning on equal terms.

BTW shouldnt this be pretty easy to spot on the demos?
Yes but it has to be his demo to make it clearer than it already is. When I tested it I was the only one on the track in the demo so if it's his it would show when he pulls off the track to replug his cable even tho I'm sure the regular demo would still show him pulling back onto the track.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

This has been a problem forever. I know it's possible and it's happen a bunch of times before. Most notable to me is an old Daytona with jack Roberts in an LCQ. But anyways. It sucks joe that people are abusing it. And it REALLY sucks that Mullins used it before I decided to hatch my plan of going 1-1 at southwick 2017 muahahahahhaha
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th