Thinking of going back to no moderators.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
ddmx

Re: Thinking of going back to no moderators.

Post by ddmx »

I actually thought about putting my name color back to normal a while ago, because being green does make a target. Well, it makes a target for the older guys for whatever reason, and makes a noob magnet for beginners. We try our best to not only patrol and keep things organized, but keep level heads as well. And honestly, we take a lot more crap than most people know. It's hard to, like someone said, babysit a bunch of kids. On a more mature forum, it would be much easier to moderate I'd imagine. But anyways, I personally don't have the time to dedicate right now to moderation, but that's just me. And apparently DJ's bugged out, so that leaves shack, but as he's said he's not on hardly at all anymore. Being a mod was good at first, able to do a lot, but as people lose respect for you (out of jealousy, feeling stronger, or what have you), it gets harder and harder to keep things under control. In a community like this where 13 year olds rule the boards, I'd almost say mods don't really stand a chance. It's like 300 trojans against the persian army. We can take out the bigger trouble makers one by one, but there's just too many of them hovering around.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

nm, deals already been done.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Its getting the stage where something big needs to be done. I don't know what, ill have a think about it and I think everyone else who cares about this place should also.

Changing a small detail here and there like adding a bit of an FAQ or a couple of tutorials wont help. Neither will changing the moderation setup. Im talking about a huge overhaul starting from scratch.

In the mean time If people start to make a rabble, ban them. They have no rights to be here so there is nothing stopping you from banning them. They will learn fast enough and if not, too bad. None of them are making a positive contribution anyway. Maybe make a section for people on a banned list, similar to what you have online. Everyone gets access to post on the general forums to start with and if they start to play up IP Ban them and make a section where they can all try to help each other out or learn to look through the pages without posting in the decent section.
NIKK SPILLANE #244
Team: Privateer

Post by NIKK SPILLANE #244 »

how about no forums
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

thats like no skins no model updates no nothing.... booring
NIKK SPILLANE #244
Team: Privateer

Post by NIKK SPILLANE #244 »

except for those things
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

How about you just have the main topics such as..
Models/skins-only able to releas your model/skin in that topic no chatting what so ever
Racing-have it so that the DRS is how it's meant to be sort of thing, for teams you should have to pm JLV with the gear/bike the members to prove to him that your not just gonna be another shit team
General discusion-have it so it's only screenshots, snapshot updates, SSOTW. The imprortant things
Tracks-only post tracks no comments like models & skins
then have an FAQ on everything so no noobs have to post have everything you need to know when starting to play the game in there

then have another topic for the reviews on tracks etc, so that people can comment on what you've made(make it so when you post it in Models &skins etc, it creates a new topic in "comments") Then people would be able to get comments on their work.

Doing this would be great, much easier to find skins etc more organized, less raging as you can't post as much garbage :?

i know it sounds boring Goardy but every bitches about everything at the moment need a solution
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

No forums would be stupid. Just be more strict..Its like there are no rules at all, imo.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

I STILL LIKE THIS IDEA:
Members who have been seen doing good stuff, being smart or releasing something good, can join one section / has rigths for them,
noobs has own section, they could see the "older gues" section, but cant post anything there.
that would easy up...
every once in a while someone find some cool dude on the noob section who get a transfer to oldies ;)

that is my suggestion.
yomo

Post by yomo »

stocksy129 wrote:How about you just have the main topics such as..
Models/skins-only able to releas your model/skin in that topic no chatting what so ever
Racing-have it so that the DRS is how it's meant to be sort of thing, for teams you should have to pm JLV with the gear/bike the members to prove to him that your not just gonna be another shit team
General discusion-have it so it's only screenshots, snapshot updates, SSOTW. The imprortant things
Tracks-only post tracks no comments like models & skins
then have an FAQ on everything so no noobs have to post have everything you need to know when starting to play the game in there

then have another topic for the reviews on tracks etc, so that people can comment on what you've made(make it so when you post it in Models &skins etc, it creates a new topic in "comments") Then people would be able to get comments on their work.

Doing this would be great, much easier to find skins etc more organized, less raging as you can't post as much garbage :?

i know it sounds boring Goardy but every bitches about everything at the moment need a solution
That is exactly what it is meant to be!

Stricter rules and an almost zero tolerance is needed or this place really could go down and that would be a really really sad day. Look at how many people have left or don't post much because they are just worn out with the BS that some people bring.

And @ Duckstream

That is good in theory but what about a mind for bringing in new people? New people wont see any good stuff and just see the crap that goes on. The new intake of people would be approaching zero. Also people that dont post but like to read are present on this forum.

How about go the other way like I said. A forum for everyone and as soon as some kid on ritalin comes in they get banned from posting and can go into the "BS section". They can still post, just not with the big boys and as such constructive comments would be essentially separate from the rabble. Everyone will still be able to see and post in the rabble section, so if creators want opinions they can just post 2 topics, one in each section. If people start to turn a leaf then they can come back until once again they stuff up and back down the ladder they go.
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

Duckstream wrote:
noobs has own section, they could see the "older gues" section, but cant post anything there.

yomo wrote: That is good in theory but what about a mind for bringing in new people? New people wont see any good stuff and just see the crap that goes on. The new intake of people would be approaching zero. Also people that dont post but like to read are present on this forum.
i think that helps? but there could be a general "section" that allows everyone to come together, noob comments are just remoeved if necesarry.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

I don't think it is the people, I think it is the structure. For instance, if you are a noob and roll on into the racing forum and see the sticky topic 'How to Race', you would think that is the definitive way to race. Also, when you have things named demo, that are normally called replays it is confusing. When stuff is confusing people post crap. Most of the sticky topics on this whole board are old and have outdated aspects that are frustrating to figure out. Of course, everybody that has been here a while knows all of the intricate details, but that doesn''t help the torrent of noobs. I think the game needs a wiki manual that can be updated by the community. I think it needs a wiki that keeps track of recent good models and skins. I think there needs to be a list of servers with descriptions in game (i.e. if you want to screw around, go here, to the sewer). Since this message board started the game has evolved a lot and I think that if the documentation would evolve with it then things would be a lot different.

Or maybe this game is just so difficult that only crazy people stay around? :mrgreen:
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

When it's all said and done, the fact of the matter is, this community is never going to be a community of primarily mature people, at least from what I can tell. This game appeals to kids, kids that have ample time to learn how to play the game. Older adults with less time don't have the time to devote to learning a mx game with a huge learning curve. Either set up a new site that appeals to older more mature members, or get over the fact that you're seeing 5 new topics a day clearly covered in the FAQ. No amount of moderation is gonna teach a kid responsibility, yet on the flip side, no moderation at all is like having a city with only one police officer patrolling the streets. :roll:
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

AMEN!
I come to forum everyday to check whats new,but everyday its same... Few new topics like this ''help me'' ''crap skin''

When i joined to this forum it was like 20+ people playing it,it was so awesome,everyone knew everyone.Good times...
Noobs bash came with online.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I don't have a good, convincing arguement for it, but I do know that mcmfactory has no moderation, and it is TERRIBLE (and it was much worse before the game basically fell off the map).

These forums are essentially the face of this game, and I'd hate for this game to be represented by a group of people like what you see at mcmfactory.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.