First MX Simulator Video with real handlebar controller

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
doubledragoncc

Re: First MX Simulator Video with real handlebar controller

Post by doubledragoncc »

OK so how was it when gamepads came out and if you race against someone who has a gamepad and you only have a keyboard its the same. What do you want me to do, forget it because you think its unfair on gamepad owners? I think you should understand I am trying to get costs down so everyone can have a controller like this. I can only do my best guys. Ride hard live free.
Wilmx829
Team: Privateer

Post by Wilmx829 »

how much is it gonna cost us?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

I am still building the 2nd prototype, so not sure yet, but I know until I can mass produce parts etc cost is high and at least $300 Sorry but these are not cheap easy to build wheel systems.
Wilmx829
Team: Privateer

Post by Wilmx829 »

300 isn't bad. :D
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

i would only assume jlv would buy one for testing/developing in case some of his clients purchase it. I would consider it after jlv does his testing and inputs into it. Only thing that seems bad to me is the steering strength/damp compared to a xbox.

almost need like a stabilizer to give pressure so its not all lose

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

also, looks like you just need a 90 degree mount to make those bars upright.

Im not sure how skilled you are at the game, but i would like to see one of the harder tracks or a SX track played.If it plays SX or a rough tracks (ruts etc ) like you are right now ill be purchasing one. Also a 3rd person view would be good too so i can visualize how hard/easy it is.

Im tempted to ask how you did the throttle just so i could mess around with left over bike parts, but then i wouldn't have steering :/ shit
Would it be possible to just order Housing/ main parts.

for example just order the perches and main box or something along those lines. With the assumption buyers already have like a set of bars or clutch/brake etc or anything along those lines you can just mount your boxes/parts to. I know that would greatly reduce your cost, seeming thats the most expensive parts are for these metals.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

Ok, just thinking out loud below:

I like the idea of a force sensor on the brakes, they really don't move much in real life once they start engaging (if the springs are really stiff and there isn't much movement in them, this would also work too). The clutch and throttle should stay analog with springs (I am sure that is the way it is now). I think the force sensor idea can be applied on the steering column as well to allow for forward backward leaning. I think this is more practical than my previous sliding joint idea. I am not so sure about the force sensor for the actual turning of the bars, though. I know that the force is actually what is being applied in the game, but the bars do move in game too. So, ideally there would be movement and force. I think the easiest way to accomplish this is with an analog position sensor, like it is now, but in combination with decently stiff springs (I suggested this last one in another thread).

I don't know how much force sensors cost but I really think that they would be the best solution for leaning forward/back, and maybe could be the best feel for braking. I know you put a lot of work into the analog boxes, so don't don't shoot me, but I really like the force sensor for forward/backward movement.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

Oh crap, I just read the thread again and it sounds like you have force sensors for brakes and not just a potentiometer or something. Sounds great! The force sensor for front/back lean would be perfect I think (broken record eh?).
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

No loadcells yet, they cost too much but I am working on it. Iike the force sencor idea for rider lean but is also more cost ca $80 to $100 more plus amplifiers !!!
I think its best to get a basic sytem out and have updates for later at a good price and easy to fit.

As for how good a rider I am, Im crap at MX lol, not had any time to get into it but will once I have prototypes built and can concentrate on riding.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

Don't worry about your skill, you were fine. Any thoughts on centering springs for the handlebars?
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

The system has centering springs, thats just a base mockup to show the MX axis.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

Gotcha, sounds great, where do I send the check? :mrgreen:
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

If you want one you only have to say dude :D
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

Hey hey, look at that, close to production? It would be nice to dominate the nationals with this thing....Image can it be ready in a week or two? :mrgreen:
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

I wish they could be. Only problem is I have to order my mainboards from UK which takes a while but cant build while waiting and use my test board to check, then just wire the board when it gets here. I will do custom orders too including a sit on stand if needed.