First MX Simulator Video with real handlebar controller

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Servatis

Re: First MX Simulator Video with real handlebar controller

Post by Servatis »

one question, or 2 i guess. how big is it all set up and how small can it be made for storage?
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

I am just making the second prototype that folds almost flat apart from the bars and it can go from 70cm high to 100cm high approx. plus the foot controls which are 50cmx50cm base and 25cm high.
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

I have been racing online in GPBikes as its mainly a roadbike setup you see here and I feel the same about steering speed as JLV says. Right now it is realistic and matches a road bikes lean to the degree, but I think its too slow for a computer sim so I am going to half the steering ratio so that its a maximum of 30 degrees, a race bike leans up to 59 degrees on qualification tires! I just got my last order of steel to finish the MX/Streetbike stand and new foot controls so hope to get a better video out soon. I have only just started to ride in MX instead of just testing the controls so hope I can do something better than the last bit of crud lol.
EssEss
Team: Privateer

Post by EssEss »

Hahaha when this game and your controller get popular, there won't be any more AMA. All of the contests will be held in warehouses with 40 computers and 40 controllers.
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

LOL, I really like that idea. I used to have a custom bike shop in Arkansas and had a few PC's with GP500 and so controllers I made but not this good, was still fun. I know most are used to and very good with gamepads and I am trying to keep that in mind for speed of control. It will be a learning curve as I have found out myself, years with a gamepad and keyboard to this is worlds apart, but it just feels sooooooooooooooooo good lol. Now I am working on the convertible unit for MX and Sportsbikes and should get it done this week. I am also working on a tabletop version too!!! Heres a pic of the mockup for MX axis.

Naturally all wires will not be seen, I just need to have them available in testing.
motoxlova#1
Team: Free lancer

Post by motoxlova#1 »

With as good as that looks, If i can get one I'll probably be sticking my leg out when I hit a turn lol
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

Well yo better order the sit on version then lol
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

lol, how cool would that be, 2 buttons near the fork one on either side.
all jlv would have to do then is make it so that we can manually put our legs out in game.
we'd have to push the button with our feet to put our leg out haha..
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

Not that bad an idea, I am designing the sit on version to use the whole body to control rider movement, that would be a good one to add. I can have up to 32 buttons and a POV hat plus 8 axis, although I have 9 axis, the clutch and right mini joysticks vertical axis are switchable
jasper125

Post by jasper125 »

does it got force feedback?
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

No force feedback. You guys need to understand in parts it cost ME over $300 so I make nothing on these right now, it takes over 20 hours to make one and I get NOTHING for my work right now. I am trying to get costs down, but this is no simple wheel system, bike controls HAVE to be strong, ie. expensive non plastic crap. I can only do my best, so no FF for a while.
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

Hoping to have new foot control designed and built by monday.
yomo

Post by yomo »

Man this looks so awesome!!

Im in australia and will pay almost anything for one :D :D

Great work!
doubledragoncc

Post by doubledragoncc »

I lived in Aus for a year, left 8 months ago. If you want one you only have to say and of cause pay lol.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I would be willing to pay upwards of 500 dollars for this. I would even go so far as to say that I would sacrifice buying the TV I've wanted forever, to buy this. I think you should set up a pay pal for donations, you might be surprised what comes in while you're still developing this. Think of the value in advertisement. A true mx sim, with an amazing real life controller.