Sit Down Or Stand In Turns?

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
celtex
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer Life

Sit Down Or Stand In Turns?

Post by celtex »

I'm not sure if I should be sitting down or standing up in turns! I feel like I'm better sitting down but less consistent with sliding out... Which one should I do? :?:
TeamHavocRacing
Team: Havoc Racing

Re: Sit Down Or Stand In Turns?

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

If you sit and lean forward you can rail better.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
SKlein
Team: Evergood

Post by SKlein »

Situational - varies on your style, and the type of rut as well. Both, to answer the question.
SeaOhDWhy
Team: Privateer

Post by SeaOhDWhy »

@TeamHavocRacing
If you sit down in the turns isn’t that the same as standing and leaning forward ?
Some can’t lean forward and turn good
Some can sit and turn better
Isn’t it one or the other

Or sit and lean forward ? Just curious as wel
TeamHavocRacing

I think the standard procedure is...

Stand and lean forward for accel and face of jumps.
Stand and lean back at start of braking or whoops or downhill.
Sit and lean back for wheelies or lip of jumps.
Sit and lean forward at mid-corner to exit.

This over-simplified version coming from a road racer. Please comment on and/or correct what I just said.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
Michael Dieringer
Team: Privateer

Post by Michael Dieringer »

Usually what I do is if there is braking bumps before the turn, I stand up and don't lean back at all because I want all of the weight to shift forward so that way the front digs in good and then I sit down after the braking bumps end. The only time I lean back is when I am going down a hill with braking bumps. I use good throttle control to keep the bike balanced throughout the turn, i'm not just grabbing a hand full halfway through the turn. The only time I do that is when I am going through a flat turn and I lean forward while I am doing it. I usually just stand when I am going through a sweeper and if there is a rut in it I will just sit down for a second and then stand back up. For tiny ruts as it is usually common to find on outdoor tracks in sim, I don't lean forward at all. I just sit down and stay in the middle and ease the throttle coming out of the turn so that way the front end doesn't ride up and out of the rut and end up sliding out. By staying in the middle of the seat, i'm keeping the bike glued into the rut. I sometimes lean forward when exiting depending on how deep the rut is.

It really depends on your style and how long you have been playing the game too. Not everyone rides like this but I do it to ensure consistency. Another thing you wanna keep in mind is when erode is turned on, the track will change each lap so each corner will change so you wanna make sure the erode doesn't catch you off guard especially in sand because it changes very quickly. With that being said, just keep playing the game and find out what works for you or try my techniques.
TBARRY34
Team: BARRY

Post by TBARRY34 »

I refuse to acknowledge sitting down.
TeamHavocRacing

TBARRY34 wrote:I refuse to acknowledge sitting down.
Windham.
Bradclay306

Post by Bradclay306 »

TeamHavocRacing wrote:
TBARRY34 wrote:I refuse to acknowledge sitting down.
Windham.
Everts.