RF UID Grab and Racing Help Needed

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Sheffel
Team: Privateer

RF UID Grab and Racing Help Needed

Post by Sheffel »

Hello everyone, new guy here and need some help understanding how the UID grab works for RF online races.
So here is my problem. I wanted to race Am at buddscreek yesterday. I have a B license and I ran a qualifying time in the bombshelter.mxsimulator.com:19802 room. I stayed in the 19802 room and at 5:30 nothing happened and I did not get put into the race. I stayed in the room until 5:35 and then tried all other rooms "19801, 19802, 19803, 19804, 19805" and still didn't get into the race.

So why are there 5 different server rooms and what is the difference between them?
What server room do I have to be in at 5:30 for the UID grab?
Why does the RF rule book say that at 5:30 some type of password will be released????
What is the right way to run qualifying and getting into the race?

*Racing
Qualifying begins when the password is released for the track at 5:30 PM PST. UIDs will be grabbed at
6:30PM PST (see schedule on event pages for more details).

Sorry if this a dumbass question but I really want to race Nationals and it sucks paying the $4 and not being able to race.
Thanks
Motoboy814

Re: RF UID Grab and Racing Help Needed

Post by Motoboy814 »

official.mxslobby.com:19801 is the race server.
Jeremy150
Team: MV Films

Post by Jeremy150 »

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=54874
You can refer here to find all the info you need.
Sheffel

Post by Sheffel »

Thank you for the advice. So run qualifying in the 19802 109803 19804 19805 servers and then make sure I am in the 19801 server before 5:30pm for the UID grab to get into the race? The UID grab ONLY HAPPENS in the 19801 server?

Also the AM series from what I have seen only runs on bombshelter.mxsimulator.com servers. There are no "official.mxslobby.com" 19801 19802 19803 ect... servers. What is the difference?

I'm confused and have read all the info I can find and nobody really lays down exactly how to go about racing RF online.

Thanks Boys
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

Sheffel wrote:Thank you for the advice. So run qualifying in the 19802 109803 19804 19805 servers and then make sure I am in the 19801 server before 5:30pm for the UID grab to get into the race? The UID grab ONLY HAPPENS in the 19801 server?

Also the AM series from what I have seen only runs on bombshelter.mxsimulator.com servers. There are no "official.mxslobby.com" 19801 19802 19803 ect... servers. What is the difference?

I'm confused and have read all the info I can find and nobody really lays down exactly how to go about racing RF online.

Thanks Boys
All races run on official.mxslobby.com:19801

Also note you won't be in if you don't run a top40 laptime in qualifying
Fro77
Team: TBR

Post by Fro77 »

For all the questions that you have asked:
Sheffel wrote:So why are there 5 different server rooms and what is the difference between them?
There are 5 different qualifying servers so that the servers don't get too crowded with too many people. It is hard to run a lap if there is 40 people also trying to run a lap. The qualifying servers that you can run a lap for amateur qualifying are:
bombshelter.mxsimulator.com:19801
bombshelter.mxsimulator.com:19802
bombshelter.mxsimulator.com:19803
bombshelter.mxsimulator.com:19804
bombshelter.mxsimulator.com:19805
Sheffel wrote:What server room do I have to be in at 5:30 for the UID grab?
At 5:30 they do UID grab in official.mxslobby.com:19801 so make sure you are in there by 5:30 and the racing starts shortly after
Sheffel wrote:Why does the RF rule book say that at 5:30 some type of password will be released????
This is for pro only supercross races as they run limited qualifying but for amateur races you do not have to worry about that.
Sheffel wrote:What is the right way to run qualifying and getting into the race?
Once the track comes out you can sign up and start running laps in the servers listed above. Once it comes time for the race you want to join the race server (official.mxslobby.com:19801). You can check to see if you are in the top 40 fastest qualifying times on the Racefactory website (https://www.racefactorygaming.com/) by going to the events tab, clicking on the NA AM event, and then the specific race this week. Only the Top 40 qualify, so if you are not in the top 40 you might not make it but some people may not show up so be in the race server just in case.
Sheffel wrote:*Racing
Qualifying begins when the password is released for the track at 5:30 PM PST. UIDs will be grabbed at
6:30PM PST (see schedule on event pages for more details).
Do not worry about this, this is for pro only supercross.
Sheffel wrote:The UID grab ONLY HAPPENS in the 19801 server?
Yes
There are no "official.mxslobby.com" 19801 19802 19803 ect... servers. What is the difference?
Those are for Pro Qualifying. Do not join them as your times will not count towards qualifying. The different servers are just so that not one server gets clogged up with people.

It is confusing when you first start but once you get used to it, you catch on. Hope this helps.
Ddavis wrote:You paid your $5 to do this shitty event so deal with it, everyone who wants their money back for whatever fucking reason, go get a job you poor bastard.
James_122 wrote:If you really want to know if Jesus is real, just ask Havoc They went to college together.