Setup Help

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Cliff2Four

Setup Help

Post by Cliff2Four »

Hi all
Im having a problem I bought the game a week ago and im trying to set it up, I have it ok, but the biggest problem that I can't seem to fix is that when I ride the bike at slowish speeds the bike seems to auto turn and its quit frustrating. the biggest problem is when I do a sharp corner in a track it keeps turning that way after the turn and I end up in the woods, and if I get on the gas it wheelies well its turned so it slides out. another problem that Im having is when I hit jumps the bike seems to always end up landing front heavy, which on supercross I make 2 jumps and then end up face planting. how do I get the weight over the back and ether stop the bike from auto turning or at least make it not happen as much??

Cliff2four
Rallemx

Re: Setup Help

Post by Rallemx »

Set 'Rider mass distribution' to 0,50 (all the way to the right) under bike setup>Suspension and gearing
You'll also want your shock rebound damping a bit higher than fork, helps too. Try hitting jumps in different gears, experiment with different gearings until you find something you think fits you and the track.
AUS_yzman
Team: AUS

Post by AUS_yzman »

Cliff2Four wrote: another problem that Im having is when I hit jumps the bike seems to always end up landing front heavy, which on supercross I make 2 jumps and then end up face planting. how do I get the weight over the back

Cliff2four
try increasing rider mass distribution to stop landing front heavy .
Cliff2Four

Post by Cliff2Four »

alright I changed around my settings a lot and it turns out that the turning problem was something to do with the steering damping and lean damping. And I got the waight over the back end now. But im woundering about something else Im useing a Logitech G27 racing wheel and when I'm stopped I turn Left the handle bars turn Right but when I am moving at any speed when I turn Left it turns Left. The problem with this is that when I try whips the bars instantly turn the opposite way, is there a way to fix this??
mxer223

Post by mxer223 »

No its supposed to be like that
jlv wrote:I apologize for ruining all future MX games for you guys.
Hallmx472
Team: Rock River

Post by Hallmx472 »

Cliff2Four wrote:alright I changed around my settings a lot and it turns out that the turning problem was something to do with the steering damping and lean damping. And I got the waight over the back end now. But im woundering about something else Im useing a Logitech G27 racing wheel and when I'm stopped I turn Left the handle bars turn Right but when I am moving at any speed when I turn Left it turns Left. The problem with this is that when I try whips the bars instantly turn the opposite way, is there a way to fix this??
Its counter stearing, it causes the bike to lean, in real life you dont turn with your handle bars, you notice this more on streetbikes, but you actually turn your bars the opposite direction naturally to start the bike to fall into a lean.
-MXSON 2010 Qualifier
Cliff2Four

Post by Cliff2Four »

Yep I get that now opasit steering now, its just when I changed my settings I had to do whips differently but I got it now. Another question, hopefully the last it takes so long to get the settings right, when I do ruffer tracks like Glen Helen, which is an awsome track, thx to who made it, but when I go over the braking bumps or doing the bumpy corners the bike twitchs the steering left and right and its really hard to keep control and it also does it if I land a little nose heavy off a jump it cranks the steering left or right and I crash. Is there a way to make it so the handle bars will only turn if I turn the wheel and not automatically??

Cliff2four