Scripts for AVI recording

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
ddmx

Re: Scripts for AVI recording

Post by ddmx »

Well, if you record at 680 and play back at 1920 that could be an obvious problem. Try increasing the video size to maybe 720p.
brandon mann
Team: Privateer

Post by brandon mann »

THIS IS GREAT THANX JLV GOOD WORK!!!!!
low in corner.jpg
me racin the 09 australian nationals at wanneroo park
(10.9 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Eh i cant get this,i download it,do everything correctly and than when i run it,mxs open,i choose playback race and some demo,than error pops out.You know DS ''dont send'' ''send'' that crap.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

reylaw720

Post by reylaw720 »

When ever i use this, the video i recorded will randomly freeze, but the sound keeps playing.
Any ideas why?
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

So if you wanted to do multiple clips with this, you would have to keep recording the whole time, then edit out what you don't want? Is the slow-mo when recording part of the recording process or is it your computer's fault (it's speed).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If your computer is fast enough it should run at regular speed. yuv2lav is probably not the fastest motion jpeg encoder around and since the game, yuv converter and mpjeg encoder are communicating through pipes there is a lot of data being copied around, so you'll need a fast computer for it to be real time at high resolution.

It records every frame unless you're paused. So for multiple clips you should pause, find the spot you want to record and then unpause to record it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

Ok, thanks.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MX196

Post by MX196 »

After I have played the demo and quit, where is the movie?
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

6. Type "joinavi".
Do that?
MX196

Post by MX196 »

I was not doing it in the command line. I was doing this:

1. Unzip it somewhere.
2. Open the folder where you unzipped mjpeg4mxsim.zip.
3. Start up MX Sim, put it in windowed mode and quit.
4. Double click "mxavi".
5. The game should now start running in a 640x480 window with the video going into v.avi. Now play whatever demo you want to turn into an AVI and quit.
6. Double click "joinavi".
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

It should be in the same folder then (movie.avi).
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Compatibility issue:

After moving to win7 64bit, using 64bit premiere cs5, 32bit cs4 and cs3, the avi format is not acceptable. Horrible playback framerate and just flat un-compatible file format. Can't remember if it worked before on win vista. Troubleshooted down to this issue after some long hours browsing forums. FRAPS avi works flawless. thoughts?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It has to be a bug in either yuv2lav, lavaddwav or the avi reader you're using. It might be worth running the avi through a transcoder like ffmpeg with both codecs set to copy. That will rebuild the avi container.

Does it like the pre-multiplexed v.avi file?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MotoRockstar777

Post by MotoRockstar777 »

I have windows 7 64 bit and premiere cs5 and the playback and everthing is good for me.
HUN.HOUSE.MAFFIA

Post by HUN.HOUSE.MAFFIA »

so i have a problem. the program works in 640x480. but when it is 1440x900 doesnt work...
soo mx --record-audio a-stereo-88320.ub --record-video --lock-fps 30 --width 640 --height 480 | ppmtoy4m -F 30:1 -S 420jpeg | yuv2lav -o v.avi -f a ( ITS WORK)
but when mx --record-audio a-stereo-88320.ub --record-video --lock-fps 30 --width 1440 --height 900 | ppmtoy4m -F 30:1 -S 420jpeg | yuv2lav -o v.avi -f a (ITS NOT WORK) why? Please help me :) thanks