2010-11-11 snapshot (UPDATED!)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Re: 2010-11-11 snapshot (UPDATED!)

Post by Mbutler183 »

It seems like with the new stabilizer or whatever was changed to the stability makes the bike muchhh stiffer. I just reduced my stability from 15 to 5 and it still seems like i cant move it around as much as i used to be able to. Almost feels like im in arcade.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Mbutler183 wrote:It seems like with the new stabilizer or whatever was changed to the stability makes the bike muchhh stiffer. I just reduced my stability from 15 to 5 and it still seems like i cant move it around as much as i used to be able to. Almost feels like im in arcade.
I agree, I noticed last night that I couldn't whip quite like I used to be able to, which I was bummed about.
Kording
Team: Privateer

Post by Kording »

Same to me.
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Just tried the new camera tools. They seem pretty cool. I think you should add a message when you try to set the fov lower than 10 saying it's not possible though. Right now it just sets itself to 10 but doesn't tell you it isn't what you entered.

Just so people know:

yaw= left right
pitch= look up, look down
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Sweendoggy wrote:
Mbutler183 wrote:It seems like with the new stabilizer or whatever was changed to the stability makes the bike muchhh stiffer. I just reduced my stability from 15 to 5 and it still seems like i cant move it around as much as i used to be able to. Almost feels like im in arcade.
I agree, I noticed last night that I couldn't whip quite like I used to be able to, which I was bummed about.
It should make no difference at less than 20 stability. At those settings "slow damping factor" is 1.

If you're running slow damping factor above 1, try reducing the leveling setting. Let me know if it helps.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
AUS_yzman
Team: AUS

Re: 2010-11-11 snapshot

Post by AUS_yzman »

jamie408 wrote:hi guys im new to this game. im quite enjoying it, only thing is i downloaded the new snapshot un ziped it just dont no where to put it?? also ive got some new bikes and tracks and skins ive put them in the personal folder and they dont work. could anyone help me. would it be ok if a made new folders in my personal folder with the names like "bikes" "skins" "tracks" would everything still work. because ive tryed this and still can not get my new stuff :(
Read this link below Jamie
http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... f=1&t=1212
knapp21

Post by knapp21 »

Any word on the increased brake torque?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Not for a while. I want to get the physics settled and release 1.4 so we'll all be running the same thing for the supercross series.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

When you say physics, are you talking about the collision and low-speed steering? Or are there 'other things' you are working on?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

No, just the collisions.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
totorox

Post by totorox »

knapp21 wrote:Any word on the increased brake torque?
There's a post about this ? Why increasing brake torque ? Did you try to brake without anti-lock and without anti-wheeling helpers ?
I think what MXS need is a controler axis linearity setting to allow to set, more graphically looking other games, a response curve for analogical axis values and maybe time related for switches input. I hope JLV looks for GPbike interface, a game i suggested to see, because one man made at same time than MXS. For a lot of features, Gpbike need what MXS have, and MXS need GPbike have. I was dreaming about some exchanges tips with Piboso and JLV some many times.
BrandonLowe83

Re: 2010-11-11 snapshot

Post by BrandonLowe83 »

jlv wrote:
jamie408 wrote:hi guys im new to this game. im quite enjoying it, only thing is i downloaded the new snapshot un ziped it just dont no where to put it?? also ive got some new bikes and tracks and skins ive put them in the personal folder and they dont work. could anyone help me. would it be ok if a made new folders in my personal folder with the names like "bikes" "skins" "tracks" would everything still work. because ive tryed this and still can not get my new stuff :(
Copy "mx-2010-11-11.exe" over "c:\Program Files\MX Simulator\mx.exe".

I keep trying to download it and all it says is that it cant find the game pretty much. Help?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Right click, save as. Then copy it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
hondaracer756
Crushed Dissenter

Post by hondaracer756 »

my 2010 crf250 sound and the 125's sounds changed they sound real!!! and badass!! :D
1RST OR LAST IM STILL GONNA SMOKE YOUR ASS!- YzFRacingMocaby#42