New rider test

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
yomo

Re: New rider test

Post by yomo »

I just realized the forward and back controls don't save... just something to fix for the final release
MXCULTURE
Team: Privateer

Post by MXCULTURE »

Yeaaaaahhhhh !!

I've been waiting for the rider lean since Pre release 1 and that's awesome. The mass distribution has to be set at 0.50, you almost don't feel the leaning at 0.33. The game is a way more realistic and funnier with it. You can lean your bike in the turns without loosing the front end, get more traction, go through the whoops really fast, pull wheelies, seat bounce... Hard to get used to firts because of the camera but it's just like in the real life. Rider's mouvements also look very good in the demos, especially in the air.

Maybe the rider leans forward and back a bit too fast. It's like your head is on the front fender and then, you lean back and you're sat on the rear fender in a very short while. Maybe you should slower the transition a little bit.

Thanks a lot for it, keep up the sick work!

PS: I love the new rider's ass, it turns me on when play with the 2nd person view lol.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

hey guys who is gonna play mx sim with this new rider ? becouse with it we can make track faster.. who is playing with it at series ? sx?
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

ddmx

Post by ddmx »

This is absolutely amazing! I had the biggest grin on my face from ear to ear the first time I raced with it and I still do. Great job jlv!
DJ wrote: The lean forward though, I don't really see a purpose for it, sitting does a good enough job.

But anyway, its still hard to do wheelies
[/img]
I think the rider leaning forward should be kept in for a couple of reasons even if i didn't find myself using it that much. 1. This is a sim and people would knock it if you couldn't lean forward. 2. It's fun to "style" with the leaning forward while whipping. 3. Off the starts 4. Nose wheelies 5. Front flips.

It is still a little hard to do wheelies, but that might be ok. If it were any worse we might be wheeling every time we hit the gas.
Overall I am very satisfied with this and even without the torso it looks undeniably realistic. It added an entire new aspect to the game and I love it.
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Kawasakis wrote:hey guys who is gonna play mx sim with this new rider ? becouse with it we can make track faster.. who is playing with it at series ? sx?
If one rider uses it and the other dont the demo wont work. And im not gonna use it, in air it feels like a rocking horse, the lean back makes the nose drop while mid air, on ground its good though.
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

yeah.. :D dont use it guys ,whait for a full release..
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Well some guys going call me a noob but i dont like it a lot , they idea is very good but thats make lost all control of the bike. I think the moviments should be smaller , they are so big you can't whip
You can't anything but i think with some good work we can turn out better , yeah and i got the same problem with rider model
Thanks for keep this game awesome but i think this movimts need be better alot but thats just a test
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
epik

Post by epik »

I pretty much agree with everyone elese, on the ground it is a huge improvement. Agree with DJ on needing a deadspot in the controlls for forward/back. I did feel like the rider needed some more weight as the lean back was a little weird as frederick said. Great job tho, cant wait for the snapshot.
sean#23

Post by sean#23 »

I think it's great and will make a big difference to the whole game. i just think that if ur sitting and you lean back(as if to seat bounce) the rear shock should feel it more and react to it like it would in real life..like compress further to give you a bit more height and distance, that would be really realistic. not like mva where you preload everything because thats not true..you hardly have to do that in real life unless its out of a corner or something.
Twitch

Post by Twitch »

_Factory'BR21_ wrote:Well some guys going call me a noob but i dont like it a lot , they idea is very good but thats make lost all control of the bike. I think the moviments should be smaller , they are so big you can't whip
You can't anything but i think with some good work we can turn out better , yeah and i got the same problem with rider model
Thanks for keep this game awesome but i think this movimts need be better alot but thats just a test
noob?.l.

²
they idea is very good but thats make lost all control of the bike
MXS Online #239
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

i really like it :?
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

ok, i've got a fair amount of riding with the new system now and here's what I think overall.

- The exceptional control on the ground has resulted in less control in the air. It seems that full out scrubs are still fine but the casual whip always results in being flung back the opposite direction and crashing.
- The rider does move a little too fast up and back on the bike. Maybe slow this animation down a little.
- Leaning forward is not really used in racing but I think it should be kept in for visual appeal.
- The front wheel getting more traction is a huge plus overall and really adds to the ground control.
- Overall I think that this is a huge improvement over the past rider movements.

Here's a question...A lot of you say that you don't like this new system and are quick to hate it, but is it really that bad? Sure, it has a slight learning curve but we knew it would. Before you are quick to hate on it consider the potential of what is here and then know that it is in a constant state of being worked on.
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

ddmx488 wrote: - Leaning forward is not really used in racing but I think it should be kept in for visual appeal.

are you kidding?.......
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

ddmx488 wrote: Here's a question...A lot of you say that you don't like this new system and are quick to hate it, but is it really that bad? Sure, it has a slight learning curve but we knew it would. Before you are quick to hate on it consider the potential of what is here and then know that it is in a constant state of being worked on.
Its hard to say if its better or worse, Id say its better on ground and not very good in air.
Wideopen6 wrote:
ddmx488 wrote: - Leaning forward is not really used in racing but I think it should be kept in for visual appeal.
are you kidding?.......
When do you use the forward lean? The rider handles corners very good in the neutral position and I dont feel any difference leaning forward or not.
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

oh you meant just in the game lol.

leaning forward helps soak up jumps i like that alot.

plus it helps being able to lean forward when you go nose high.