New rider test

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
frederick
Team: Adept

Re: New rider test

Post by frederick »

jlv wrote:Voutare has it right about why leaning back can cause an endo. If you look at the rear suspension you'll see it's getting too much preload and kicking you over the front. You want to lean back just before you leave the ground. The act of leaning backward will push on the bars and force the fork to compress which will keep the front up. If you lean back too soon the fork won't compress.
But when I lean back After ive jumped the front wont rise, it just goes down even more.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Its because you have you push the bike forwards in order for the rider to go backwards
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Once you're in the air everything has to balance out. When the rider leans back there has to be an equal and opposite force on the bike otherwise it would violate conservation of momentum.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

jlv wrote:Once you're in the air everything has to balance out. When the rider leans back there has to be an equal and opposite force on the bike otherwise it would violate conservation of momentum.

^^^ what he said
in other words, you can just keep leaning back like you can in mva
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Best way to jump/whip now:

Start the bottom of the jump leaning forward, then shift your weight back to the rear once your front tire is about on the lip. Then, from there lean left or right, while holding back, and to bring it back, shift forward and the opposite direction. It takes some getting used to, but I've got it down very good now. Really, it feels a lot more realistic whipping now than it did before.
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

Post by mace-x »

im using rider wheight on 0.50
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

lol I just landed my first scrub. Im getting a bit more used to it now.

But when I jump big jumps and the front starts aiming to the ground there is no rescue,and then I land pretty flat the bike just get thrown to the side and I end up doing a 540 on the ground.
Howcome? I find it very annoying to spin around when I jump a bit too far. When that happends it feels like the bike weights nothing and the rider is like the center of everything and the bike rotates around it.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

I'm thinking that if the weight of the entire bike was shifted more towards the rear, but not past the shock, it would help a lot. I don't know much about physics, but I know that something falls heavy first. So, if you move the center of the weight back say, 6 inches, I think it'd even out. Not sure if you can do that though.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

YES!!!!!

Ok, i wont sit here and go crazy about how awesome this is.... 8)

Anyways, i found that turning the dampening and spring up to 75 on both vertical and foward rider motion helps slow down the movement a good deal and makes it feel better.
Also, a rider weight distribution realistically should be somewhere below the chest, but above the knees, and infront of the pelvis. It does definetly depend on the height and weight of the rider, and the position that the rider is in. I have tried a bunch of distribution numbers, and seem that around .42-.45 seems to feel the most realistic.

It sure does take some getting used to!
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
moorin

Post by moorin »

i think once you get use to it its amazing, i was at first thinking oh no whats happened to mx sim! but now when you learn how to seat bounce properly and stuff which means timing it right in real ife unlike just leaning backwards all the way round like on mva its so much better, and whips come after alot of time lol overall once the camera is put on the bike it wont feel like the bike is moving and not the rider which makes the bike look unrealistic lol any chance of a quick update with a torso and new camera on the bike?
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
BenDexter

Post by BenDexter »

Great improvement!

I don't see what use the lean forward and back do but...I just ride as normal and don't use them and it's heaps better!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Voutare you a LIFESAVER! That technique you said works to the tee! I thought the new system had an endoing problem but I just wasn't riding correctly. When I think about it, that's the way I hit jumps in real life also so wow, I'm even more impressed. The whips are easier that way also.
russ190

Post by russ190 »

just curious..is anyone using the keyboard and manual tranny with the new rider model?
moorin

Post by moorin »

am going back to the old none rider lean until we can race with this as i dont think i will be any good going back to the old rider again, but i will try it better when it gets properly released as theres a bit more to work on yet i think even though its awesome and makes the game so much better lol
YAMAHA privateers moorin,
if you aint rubbin you aint dubbin!
Wideopen6

Post by Wideopen6 »

i havnt played the old way since this morning