Sounds other than bikes.

Post your suggestions here
hvpunk62

Sounds other than bikes.

Post by hvpunk62 »

This would be cool in sx the bikes echoing in tunnels,fans cheering,bikes from outside the arena reving up. :wink: as for outdoors also fans, nature sounds im not sure if this has been suggested but what ev. :lol:
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Re: Sounds other than bikes.

Post by haydugjr »

This suggestion doesn't make much sense considering where most of the content in MXS comes from. A better suggestion would be:

Give track editors the ability to place 'speakers' using a file just like billboards or statues. Would have coordinates, volume, sound file, and 3 ranges. Full, fading, and not there/fading a lot, depending on how the track maker wants it. These ranges would include volume and a range in meters to determine how far away you need to be in order for that range to kick in.
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

haydugjr wrote:This suggestion doesn't make much sense considering where most of the content in MXS comes from. A better suggestion would be:

Give track editors the ability to place 'speakers' using a file just like billboards or statues. Would have coordinates, volume, sound file, and 3 ranges. Full, fading, and not there/fading a lot, depending on how the track maker wants it. These ranges would include volume and a range in meters to determine how far away you need to be in order for that range to kick in.
:roll: Nobody's ever played MCM2 but you, huh?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
acid.
Team: Acid Films

Post by acid. »

As far as ambient sounds go, im sure JLV has more important things to do before other miscellaneous sounds come in.

I'll answer you're question anyway, even though i don't agree it should be top priority.

By sounds do you mean ambient sounds like the Mx vs ATV franchise had? Such as the ability to set bird paths, plane paths, crow sounds, crowd cheers, and thunder and rain? Actually speaking of thunder and rain, a weather system would be an amazing feature to this game. MY LIFE WOULD BE COMPLETE.

Anyways, i think it would be quite an effort to introduce this so called "sounds" you're talking about. For example, Get all the necessary sound files, get the game to read them, code them into the engine somehow, then make a type of config as such to enable what you'd like, then set coordinated they would fly/come from.

All in all, bad idea for now. Maybe later on, in my opinion.

Acid.
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible"
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I'm pretty sure this would fit into the "user scripted" basket once he implements external scripting
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

KTM57 wrote:
haydugjr wrote:This suggestion doesn't make much sense considering where most of the content in MXS comes from. A better suggestion would be:

:roll: Nobody's ever played MCM2 but you, huh?
Um, what?
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Eh, don't worry too much about it, I was probably cranky because I couldn't get a high-quality render of my video.

I'm positive that MCM2 had pretty much exactly what you explained, though.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

KTM57 wrote:Eh, don't worry too much about it, I was probably cranky because I couldn't get a high-quality render of my video.

I'm positive that MCM2 had pretty much exactly what you explained, though.
Oh, cool. I've never messed with track making or anything like that in MM2 so I don't know.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

acid. wrote:As far as ambient sounds go, im sure JLV has more important things to do before other miscellaneous sounds come in.

I'll answer you're question anyway, even though i don't agree it should be top priority.

By sounds do you mean ambient sounds like the Mx vs ATV franchise had? Such as the ability to set bird paths, plane paths, crow sounds, crowd cheers, and thunder and rain? Actually speaking of thunder and rain, a weather system would be an amazing feature to this game. MY LIFE WOULD BE COMPLETE.

Anyways, i think it would be quite an effort to introduce this so called "sounds" you're talking about. For example, Get all the necessary sound files, get the game to read them, code them into the engine somehow, then make a type of config as such to enable what you'd like, then set coordinated they would fly/come from.

All in all, bad idea for now. Maybe later on, in my opinion.

Acid.
I'm sure he has way better things in mind but its just the topic just throwin it out there. Haha.
WhMx179
Team: Privateer

Post by WhMx179 »

I think it's a great idea for the future. Things like crash sounds, ambient sounds like water splashing when you ride through it and chain slap maybe? :P
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

WhMx179 wrote:I think it's a great idea for the future. Things like crash sounds, ambient sounds like water splashing when you ride through it and chain slap maybe? :P
That's what i'm saying!
socalmx
Team: TEAM DTF #45

Post by socalmx »

hvpunk62 wrote:
WhMx179 wrote:I think it's a great idea for the future. Things like crash sounds, ambient sounds like water splashing when you ride through it and chain slap maybe? :P
That's what i'm saying!
i have also sugjested crashing sounds before!

and jlv add fmx tricks :wink:
Lets Go!
Stats: http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/1712/
KTM57 wrote:I'm seriously tired of you guys talking like you know all when you don't know a damn f*cking thing about Whataburger
mx4life

Post by mx4life »

FMX=Ghey
socalmx
Team: TEAM DTF #45

Post by socalmx »

Sarcarim=Real
Lets Go!
Stats: http://mxsimulator.com/servers/allservers/players/1712/
KTM57 wrote:I'm seriously tired of you guys talking like you know all when you don't know a damn f*cking thing about Whataburger
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

socalmx wrote:Sarcarim