Real time erode

Post your suggestions here
mxbiker
Team: FSK

Real time erode

Post by mxbiker »

We have all the things we need to call this game a simulator, except for real time erode.
Terrain deformation is what makes and brakes motocross. Real time racing lines is what this game needs, not just some pre-build ruts, braking bumps and eroded jumps.

If terrain deformation gets added no race would be the same and the game gets challenging after each lap we ride.
For online it could be done like this, heat 1 fresh new track and heat 2 is were heat 1 ended except for gate 0 till gate 1. In this way it would still be possible to have clean starts.

jlv, you already made erode working so the basics has been made. I hope you get to work at that code so this game gets yet another boost towards perfection.
Proud MXS member since 2008
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
2011 SMA nationals championships leader
5th at the GP replica series 2011
3th overall with team Holland at the MXSON 2010
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Re: Real time erode

Post by magnusson »

stuff would be legit but i think dynamic shadows should come first as that is the main problem whit erode(that you have to update the shadows for the track for the lines to show)
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
mxbiker

Post by mxbiker »

magnusson wrote:stuff would be legit but i think dynamic shadows should come first as that is the main problem whit erode(that you have to update the shadows for the track for the lines to show)
good point you have there, i dont know what jlv has on his list to implement? But i think these things are a bit of a priority.
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

old erode topic few post by jlv in there.
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

My opinion is this: IF jlv want's to do it, it would be better to have a test server with some flat tracks, like highpoint and supercross tracks. where people from all over the world can ride, so we can see what it makes, also; when i try erode offline im lagging like a bitch, so that would be a problem. But if the update could be possible : IM IN :D

What mxbiker said, it would be amazing that heat 2 (or 3) have the ruts of 1 and 2, only gate 0 to 1 would be flat for the start. I think it is possible in the future, we just have to wait until more important updates are done. But the mxs community is patient :wink:
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
mxbiker

Post by mxbiker »

magnusson wrote:old erode topic few post by jlv in there.
thanks magnus.
Still a MXS 125CC rider!
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

I dont think this would work as well as you are imagining. Everyone takes a slightly different line and i can just see the track turning into a big mess.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

seems to be working fine for them in real life I dono maybe the have a new patch out or something? :P