Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by Voutare »

Ok, short and sweet:

MVA and MCM are games. Fun, easy, pick up, put down, move on.

MX Simulator is a simulator. Hard, annoying, retarded.

What game is more like real life.

There are times where I will choose not to jump something in MX Simulator, because I know that I don't have the skill to pull it off. (Thunder Valleys turning stepup). I know I can't do it, and that is what holds me back.

If I were to go and download a replica of that for MCM or MVA, I'd overjump everything, haul ass, and never hit the brake. It's not motocross.

The real thing isn't easy until you get used to it, and this isn't either. This the only game where I will turn down a jump because I know I'm not able to do it cleanly. That never happens, ever.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

variety is the spice of life....
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Voutare wrote:Ok, short and sweet:

MVA and MCM are games. Fun, easy, pick up, put down, move on.

MX Simulator is a simulator. Hard, annoying, retarded.

What game is more like real life.

There are times where I will choose not to jump something in MX Simulator, because I know that I don't have the skill to pull it off. (Thunder Valleys turning stepup). I know I can't do it, and that is what holds me back.

If I were to go and download a replica of that for MCM or MVA, I'd overjump everything, haul ass, and never hit the brake. It's not motocross.

The real thing isn't easy until you get used to it, and this isn't either. This the only game where I will turn down a jump because I know I'm not able to do it cleanly. That never happens, ever.

MX Simulator
The best motocross GAME ever produced in Landing, New Jersey!

Umm thats the heading of this forum lol
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

it's technically a "simulator", but because you play it with a controller or keyboard, it makes it a game. this discussion just needs to be dropped. everyone has their own opinion as to what this "game" is all about. only jlv has the final say as to what really happens. the variety that happened with mva and mcm2 was caused by modders. they hacked the source code and made their own physics for the game. the original creators had no intention for all of those different physics packs to come out. this game just takes a different attitude to like it. i personally suck balls at it, but its so fun because it has something that no other mx game has ever had. it takes time, and skill (neither of which i have or have devoted). it really brings a new meaning to mx games. after untamed was released i thought the future of mx games was lost. thank god for mxs. ok, im done. sorry if it offended anyone.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Motoboss has a perfectly valid point. He's been playing for months and still isn't comfortable with it. He is the player that the 80-100 stability setting is meant for and it obviously isn't working for him. That is a problem with the game and is definitely worth fixing if possible.

Motoboss, do you find the 80-100 stability range too twitchy or too slow? It sounds like you are saying it's too twitchy but that would be counter to most of the feedback I get.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

jlv wrote:Motoboss has a perfectly valid point. He's been playing for months and still isn't comfortable with it. He is the player that the 80-100 stability setting is meant for and it obviously isn't working for him. That is a problem with the game and is definitely worth fixing if possible.

Motoboss, do you find the 80-100 stability range too twitchy or too slow? It sounds like you are saying it's too twitchy but that would be counter to most of the feedback I get.
Well Going into corners unless im almost come to a complete stop I either go over the burm Hit the rear brake and the rear slides outandcrash.WhenI go over the burm I cant get the bike turned around because it wont steer in the right dirrection
My main concern is to be able to do good whips and scrubs and still be able to stay upright and not crash going into corners and be able to steer the bike in the right dirrection without having to move first ............ if that makes sense
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Try this. Set stability to 100, and while the stability control is still highlighted, press *. Another menu should come up with more settings. Set "Roll Limit Angle" to 45 and see if it feels any better.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

It also sounds like you have normal brakes.

I'd suggest you try using antilock brakes. The rear is most important though. You may be able to have rear with antilock, and front normal, and as long as you don't lean it over to far in corners, you shouldn't wash out, and you should never slide out going straight.
Mumhra

Post by Mumhra »

I understand Motoboss completely. I have been a simracer for years now. Ofcourse car racing sims since this is the first mx sim out there. He feels like this game will never be picked up by the big public because it is just to difficult and my guess is that he probably is right. Just look at grand prix legends for instance. One of the best sims ever made but it never made it to the big public just because it was just to darn difficult. It took hours before you could get your car out of the pits and drive a single lap on a track. It was just extremely difficult.
But i don't agree with what Motoboss would want to see changed. He would like to see whips and scrubs and everything in arcade physics. That's not the solution. As said before it would turn this sim into another mcm or mva. I suck at this game big time, but i just refuse to ride with arcade physics. I wonder why it even has to be in this game. They can drop it immediatley for all i care.
Whips and scrubs are difficult in this game just because they are difficult in real life. I don't see why they should be made easier in this game. They won't be easier in real life. Maybe practising more does not help, but if it doesn't then i think you just have to accept that you won't ever be able to do them. Maybe JLV can come up with something which makes them easier but if that's the case then i hope that JLV does not loose to much of the original gamers who are not interested in yet another mcm or mva.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

jlv wrote:Try this. Set stability to 100, and while the stability control is still highlighted, press *. Another menu should come up with more settings. Set "Roll Limit Angle" to 45 and see if it feels any better.
I didnt know abot the hidden adjustments ( why is it a secret) I had time to mess with it for a little bit and it seemed to help some Ill mess with it more when I have some free time
And I was wondering if some one could post what all the adjustments do to the bike instead of having to adjust 1 thing at a time a little at a time .If I knew how the adjustments affected the bike it would take way less time
Thanx jlv
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It's hidden because I thought it was too complicated. It's more of a debugging tool than anything.

Here's what each control does:

Leveling - How much the bike wants to roll towards vertical.
Roll Damping - How quickly the bike leans over.
Roll Limit Angle - The angle when extra roll damping kicks in.
Roll Limit Factor - How much extra roll damping you get past roll limit angle.
Steering Damping - How quickly the bars turn.
Steering Strength - The force used to turn the bars.
Max Steering Force - The maximum forced applied to the bars.
Direct Steering - At 0, the steering control sets the target lean angle. At 1, the steering directly applies force to the handlebars.
Slow Damping Speed - Speed in feet per second below which you get extra roll damping.
Slow Damping Factor - Amount of extra roll damping you get below slow damping speed.

These settings aren't persistent so you'll have to keep resetting them.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Thanks jlv that helps alot
Ya I was wondering why it kept going back to default
triggerhappy

Post by triggerhappy »

As I'm developing some supermoto tracks right now I've done quite a lot of testing laps, and I have to agree or address some things are a bit off.
Though this applies to supermoto bikes on tarmac it should be relevant as the bikes are almost equal (apart from suspension and brakes) and the same forces of nature apply.

Note that I'm not a supermoto rider; I've done some tarmac on knobbies and studied some footage. Apart from that, It's just a feeling.

There's 3 things 'bothering' me:

- Lack of grip on the front end
When I'm approaching a corner and I'm steering in (at low speed) the front end just washes away without any warning. I've watched a lot of supermoto footage and this barely seems to happen. In reality, the front seems glued to the tarmac at (almost) every angle.

- Flicking it from one corner to another
I've ridden a road bike for about 5 years, so I've got a bit of feeling of how this should be. I sold it two years ago though, so I might be a bit off.
Anyway, as it is right now, coming out of - say - a tight left hander going into a tight right hander, the damping is wrong. It's too linear and too much.

Coming out of that left hander and getting it almost upright should be fairly easy due to the directional forces. Getting it from almost upright (left) and tipping it slightly over to the right is probably the hardest bit dampingwise, and getting it into full lean (right) should be easy again. So in my opinion there should be 3 sorts of damping instead of (what feels like) just 1.

- Getting the bike upright (out of a corner)
Any road bike wants to go in a straight line, it's a given fact. Depending on weight, geometry and the amount of speed you're carrying ofcourse, but stop leaning or counterstearing and the bike just goes up and straight again.

I'm not sure if these 'issues' are caused by the inactive rider model, and making the rider active will solve it.
When the leaning features are coming out, is it the rider being controlled and passing forces on to the bike, or the bike AND rider being controlled?
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

triggerhappy have you tried playing with that "secret" menu? it allows alot more control of damping, and for those finding the game difficult (i.e me :D )i would try turning down the "direct steering" worked wonders for me :mrgreen:
triggerhappy

Post by triggerhappy »

cpt_Slow wrote:triggerhappy have you tried playing with that "secret" menu? it allows alot more control of damping, and for those finding the game difficult (i.e me :D )i would try turning down the "direct steering" worked wonders for me :mrgreen:
I did look at it yeah, but there's just too much to play with. It would take a lot of time for me to figure out what everything does and if it actually help.
Unless I'm sure of what I'm doing I'd rather leave it as it is right now.