Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
Motoboss

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by Motoboss »

jlv wrote:One thing to remember is that most tracks we play on are actually larger than real life. In real life, a bump that is axle high is big. In most bumpy tracks we use the biggest bumps are almost up to the handlebars.
Yfmx's sx track is probbly the closest to realistic as far as jump sizes go compared to the bike and rider..and that track is close to unridable ...No matter how big the bumps are big or small the bike still reacts the same way
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
yomo

Post by yomo »

Motoboss wrote:
jlv wrote:One thing to remember is that most tracks we play on are actually larger than real life. In real life, a bump that is axle high is big. In most bumpy tracks we use the biggest bumps are almost up to the handlebars.
Yfmx's sx track is probbly the closest to realistic as far as jump sizes go compared to the bike and rider..and that track is close to unridable ...No matter how big the bumps are big or small the bike still reacts the same way
Maybe its because the ground it so hard?
A small bump half a foot high made of dirt in real life will "squish" down really nicely.
In this game its like your hitting a mound of diamond.
Same with ruts?

Im not sure, just throwing idea's out there
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

maybe the secret here is erode being developed further? (just a thought)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Motoboss wrote:
You kidding me!?! I find that track is really easy to stay upright on, maybe because I am a bit more cautious because of the light
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

DJ wrote:
Motoboss wrote:
You kidding me!?! I find that track is really easy to stay upright on, maybe because I am a bit more cautious because of the light
Not his contest track ...The Kawasawki test track beta he released....
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Oh yeah, I'll agree with you on that one :lol:
ReNNy
Team: Privateer

Post by ReNNy »

I feel the same way about the physics as motoboss. There are things missing that would greatly affect the realism in terms of the handling.

Main cause of many "WTF just happened!" moments would have to be lack of sideways rider movement/physics.

In real life when our bikes move sideways we can slide our butt's left and right across the seat or if we are standing up our legs can absorb the motions. In corners we can lay the bike almost horizontal to the ground while keeping our torso up right. Snakey ruts we can loosen up a bit and let the rut guide our bike while we i dont even know what we do, its hard to explain because it comes almost naturally.

Naturally we have the rider in mxsim absorb front, rear, up and down movements. playback any demo in slow motion and examine his legs absorb bumps and quick changes in motion. Ok now watch a real slow motion clip of a rider riding and examine the body movements, much more movement happening. Im not saying we need a fully simulated human on the bikes in mxsim. Legs just need more physics and we need control of upper body. Basically bike needs to move more independantly of the rider and we need more control of the rider. I want to feel like the rider, not feel like i am the bike.

Currently it feels like I am the bike who is in turn, controlling, or rather balancing the handlebars, with this random idiot guy on my back along for the ride. Still these issues dont stop me playing the game, I enjoy it because its different than other mx games, more challenging = more rewarding = WIN. Definatly needs more Sim in the "MxSimulator" though my right thumbstick on my 360 game pad is still unused and i have everything mapped :shock: hell, people are playing this with a keyboard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K41zjNm4dyk

Slow Slo Mo glen helen action. Some inspiration perhaps.
totorox

Post by totorox »

I hope JLV will work on that too, maybe later, but for now I have an express request :x
I think priority of my admin role is to give to ALL players the best on-line experience, but keeping a good ambiance between arcade players an others is so hard...
I think arcade players, unlike a lot of players thinking, can play on-line to have fun racing with other.
But it's certain there's some game lacks in this case :
- arcade players have a big advantage in collisions so for now i try to watch if they search specially for collisions with non arcade players, i kick. But recently some new guys come in, and it's nice, but I can't play because I have to watch constantly and take time to make them understanding to avoid collisions with others.
I can understand it's very hard to begin in MXS, especialy using keyboard, so we can't forbid arcade mode on-line.

So it could be good to disable collisions for them, waiting better like :
- setting black flag for multiple collisions with non arcade players
- disable collisions only with non arcade players, like a special warm-up mode for them,
- or give anybody same chances to crash in collisions. (disabling collision part of arcade mode at contact with others).
- And maybe adding a special result list for arcade users, non interfering with normal game-play race results.

Another wish, is to improve the black flag feature, maybe asking to vote for a kick in place of allowing a player to kick another.
Also maybe after a black flag and multiple kick (3), asking a vote to ban a player for 1 hour may help to keep on-line game cleaner.
And limit black flag to current race, some players kick at starting grid for a black flag from previous race.

Allow admin (or players) to ask for a vote : like changing a track on only one player request could hurt others, i have to ask each time. ->Allowing players to vote for a track may help, a lot of players want to be admin to choose track only, so if anybody can ask for track change, no more admin rights will be needed.
Allow admin to ask normal restart like other players, voting. Change the current command to /forcerestart or /adminrestart, something like that.

And thx JLV for last changes, and for all you did you're the best.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I'm not sure how you have the suspension specs in the hard coding jlv, but it would be nice to get factory suspension rates on the bikes. Furthermore, it would be sweet to have the same horsepower as the factory bikes also.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

I'd love to do that but I don't think the dyno numbers are available. I might make the spring rate adjustable though.

Totorox, disabling collisions in arcade mode sounds like a good compromise. It will require a protocol change though so I'll probably save that for 1.3. I've been planning on making kick be a short ban too.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yomo

Post by yomo »

jlv wrote:I'd love to do that but I don't think the dyno numbers are available.
If we found videos/articles saying the maximum horsepower would that help?

I last years SuperX series had interviews and It said chad reeds bike made 52 Horsepower or something
Kawasaki 250 was like 40ish, I could watch them again..

Or would you want an exact curve?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If I didn't have the full chart I'd just be making stuff up.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
RaNDoM HeRO
Team: Privateer

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

hey JLV do you ever update the 125's like you do the 250f's?
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

125's are either discontinued, or are not getting R&D. So no.
I've been planning on making kick be a short ban too.
Oh, how sweet that would be.
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

i dont really think they've changed the motors anyway. not enough to make much of an impact at least.