In Game editor

Post your suggestions here
cnigrin285
Team: Boots House

In Game editor

Post by cnigrin285 »

Just some suggestions to make the in game editor better IMO

Toggle Snap to gradient (So basically have a toggle to snap your statue to your gradient rather then hitting "Snap to gradient")

Being able extend gradients that are already built (Had many times where I miss judge my length and its slightly short so I think is super useful)

When clicking on a decal. it says the name of the decal. (Similar to billboards)

When clicking on a statue, it says the png name of the statue. (Similar to billboards)

Delete gradients in game (not necessary but would be a cool addition)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: In Game editor

Post by jlv »

When I add UI scripting the editor is getting a major overhaul.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
BDawg
Team: Underground RC

Re: In Game editor

Post by BDawg »

I also have a list of some things i would like to see. I know it wont get worked on right now but for the future.

Editor Features:
- Extend gradients that have already been edited and delete gradients in game like Chuckie said.
- Curved gradients
- Move, delete, add gates in game
- Scale decals in game
- Scale statues (No idea if its possible, but to at least be able to change elevation in game)
- A way to export, or save, individual gradients faster. Select gradient - export - saves a file with just that gradients info, so i dont have to go looking for it.
- Dont know a good way to explain this, but when you radial paint it currently will paint 180 degrees. Would be cool to be able to change the maximum angle (90, 360).
- BClay suggested adding layers like PS has which sounds great.
- Adjust lighting in game as ColtonD suggested

Bonus:
- Can we get a keybind to switch back to ourself so i dont get lost switching players in a race.