Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
DW434

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by DW434 »

did he really suggest that has he never played the game if you overjumps you bounce up like a bouncy ball
"90% of the game is half mental"-Yogi Berra

MXS Online Racing #434
The Whole Mxs Community wrote:Take off the kidney belt shading
ReNNy
Team: Privateer

Post by ReNNy »

lol the loss of control.. if you land on your head really hard the screen goes black, i actually like that, if that had ragdoll with it we'd see proper KO victims on their ass like they should be.. hard collisions should put riders all over the place too

i dont think there needs to be a loss of control mechanic as loss of control happens often anyway due to player error. example try to pin a section of whoops, you will be on the edge of control or into the dirt. everyone loses control at some point.. the handling physics are such that loss of control comes naturally.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Voutare

Post by Voutare »

DJ wrote: -Background track sounds

Yes. Chainsaws, airhorns, and screaming fans. That would add a ton to the atmosphere.
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

haha and goats for dj's track that has a goat eating a monster can with a cowboy hat :lol:
DJD

Post by DJD »

^agree 1,000,000%
totorox

Post by totorox »

DJ wrote: -Background track sounds
Bike sounds also plz. If on events sounds could be made by modders this would be very nice. (keep the main engine sound but add other too, wind, tyres, vibrations, crash, a function to Yell 'back out !!!' for passing lappers ^^)
Last edited by totorox on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
totorox

Post by totorox »

Dab :
Plz improve dabbing. I think actual system is so bad. (I tried all the way, autodab enable or disable with or without sticky sit/dab, max dab speed, there no way to have a prefect gameplay).
Minimal to do :
- Option to separate auto dab, from recover direction (what a buggy function !).
- Option to override autodab (when disabled) at start time (thx for other because I always fall on them :x) and at recover time after crash until player accelerate & move.
Think a new system:
When I'm dabbing at very low speed, my bike should never fall when my leg is pushing (like small corner interior).
Find a way to "turn on leg" (max front and angle then accelerate to turn in fastest way) so we can disable auto recover direction, then to be able to recover direction manualy, "turning on leg", should be really nice (simulation mode yeah !)
Separate sit from dab function also is a way I thinked, but can't remember for now, maybe later ;p
- Plz also add a 'wrong way' message.

Another big wishe, if you can predict bike direction when autorecover direction, you must be able to do that also :
2 new camera settings for internal camera : - Anticipate : distance of camera target (on track path) & how camera is influenced by track path (%)
One of the first tip you learn in MX : don't look your front wheel, look where you want to go !)
After you can also add a mouse look function (or on key press only (mmb)) and support some systems like (can't remember the name, but, with a led on head player and a webcam you can orient ingame camera turning you head, there's some free program doing that, nice but personnaly I don't really like that because screen don't move, so you have to turn your eyes.
Also Beter camera moves ; allow to change keys because not everybody play with a gamepad, thx (and remember that for later also ;).
Allow ingame cam moves, pre-defined camera & reset position.
I stop here because I have always a big enormous list of wishes.. but, in top of them, i wish to know JLV developement timeline, what he want to do, what he can or can't to do, and his dreams for MXS. A thread with included wishes from player to JLV 'to do' list, would be nice too. And a thread to vote for each wishes also should show want players wanted.
A new devellopment forum section could be usefull for that.
Technical section also (or a wiki again) and helping/support section in place of general discussion.
STOOOOP !!! (there's nobody to stop me, sorry) (JLV have you seen my precedent "epic" wishes post because if you don't, what I do is useless...)
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

totorox wrote:Dab :
Plz improve dabbing. I think actual system is so bad. (I tried all the way, autodab enable or disable with or without sticky sit/dab, max dab speed, there no way to have a prefect gameplay).
Minimal to do :
- Option to separate auto dab, from recover direction (what a buggy function !).
- Option to override autodab (when disabled) at start time (thx for other because I always fall on them :x) and at recover time after crash until player accelerate & move.
Think a new system:
When I'm dabbing at very low speed, my bike should never fall when my leg is pushing (like small corner interior).
Find a way to "turn on leg" (max front and angle then accelerate to turn in fastest way) so we can disable auto recover direction, then to be able to recover direction manualy, "turning on leg", should be really nice (simulation mode yeah !)
I agree with this, the auto direction thing is plain annoying when practicing a section and it keeps turning you the opposite way. But I still like it to stand the rider up for me. I don't like the wrong way message though, you should be able to figure out if your going the wrong way or not.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
totorox

Post by totorox »

yzmxer608 wrote: I don't like the wrong way message though, you should be able to figure out if your going the wrong way or not.
Well but he can add this option to enable it, if you don't like, disable ;) For me it's very useful, sometime, without mouse look, or rear view, and when you don't know track, it's just when I'm in front of others players I understand I'm in wrong way :x
Other important correction : Track name in chat log when before loading to know which track is corrupted or simply the name of the track we are practising. Modders don't add map & name always.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

That's true, a disable or enable option would be best. A disable or enable option for the auto movement thing when on the ground would be best too.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
DJD

Post by DJD »

This game really does need background sounds, i mean, the only sound in the game is the bike. (Even that can be improved)

Just to hear a bird chirp, or the wind houling through your helmet would be great.

No matter how fancy the decals, objects, and billboards, all the tracks feel dead. As there are no sounds to bring them to life. (wind, birds, crazed fans with airhorns)
RaNDoM HeRO

Post by RaNDoM HeRO »

what about a button that you can hold and you get up faster but if you dont press it it's the normal speed of him recovering from a fall get what im saying? cause when im riding or racing someone when i fall i try to get up as fast as i can am i not right?
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

RaNDoM HeRO wrote:what about a button that you can hold and you get up faster but if you dont press it it's the normal speed of him recovering from a fall get what im saying? cause when im riding or racing someone when i fall i try to get up as fast as i can am i not right?
Im pretty sure that you get up faster in MXsim than in real life.
Jacko447

Post by Jacko447 »

i have one suggestion thats really bin bugging me

nose diving !!!

i lean foward and then lean back and give it the beans and it lands on the backtire often..... its wen i get to custom tracks i always nose dive even using the correct setup and technique and still a nose dive

in real life i feel the throttle plays a strong enough part to land on the back tire... so why the technique???

is there anyway to prevent the nose diving error happenng more .... i think it may be in the code of the game

thanks, jacko