falling off, and cornering

Post your suggestions here
mario773

falling off, and cornering

Post by mario773 »

the bikes should have a bit more grip, especialy in the sand , the game has some sort of polished floor feel to it.

also , how can you make the falling of the bike less ? like when you overjump a jump , or just jump off of something , i have overjumpt allot of jumps in real life , even cracked a frame doin it , and broke my front suspension spring stopper while doin so, but NEVER fell off couse i missed a landing ... in competition we allmost never land on the landing , there are allot of jumps you just have to over jump to keep goin fast

its ok to fall off if your commin from way high , but now its just ridiculous sometimes, the rider is a bit of a rag doll on it ... also when you land a little sideways , your bike will not jump up and make a 360 ...

i like the game , and over the years ive become pretty good in it , but theres allot of frustrating things when you try to set down fast laptimes
mario773

Re: falling off, and cornering

Post by mario773 »

mx tires bite in the sand , its not a hard packed concrete floor where you allways need a berm to turn on , at least on sand you dont
CrazyCanadianMX
Team: HIRE ME

Post by CrazyCanadianMX »

Well we could make it so your MXSim frame cracks or have ur suspension break instead of ur character falling, but I'm afraid you'd be out of the race. As for landing sideways and spinning around, if you had the strength/grip to stay on the bike after landing that sideways, you'd do a 360 too. But us real humans do ot have that strength and we are flung off our rides as it falls on its side.
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Speak for yourself, pussy.
mario773

Post by mario773 »

did you never landed it sideways ? it happens all the time , the bike just comes back (like noone ever lands sideways on rutty faced jumps) , ok if you land with your bike 45 degrees sideways, its normal u get thrown off

when my frame or suspension cracked , that was from a height that i wont mind if you fall off then ingame ... i had a back injury from that one , but didnt fall off, thats my point. like when you hit a step up , jumpin onto the next jump wont throw you off the bike , it wil if you hit it frontal , but in the game its just way to fast ... if you would fall off that fast in real life ... damn, thered be allot of casualtys

well im just suggesting to make the impact force needed to fall off a little higher than that it is now .. :)
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

It's not impact force, it's head speed that causes to rider fall offs. Try playing around with your rider spring/damping to make his head move slower in comparison to the bike.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

I've found that a vertical damping of 70 and a horizontal damping of 15 with both springs at 100 is optimal. Your rider doesn't bounce around so much, doesn't spring off of the jumps and stays lower, and you can move front to back really quickly in order to control the bike more. Also helps with the head speed, I'm sure.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
CrazyCanadianMX

Theres definitely a certain angle you can land at and still ride away from, but there's a certain limit...
Not just landing sideways, otehr crashes too.
MXS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EFJ1V1Kbjk
IRL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8PFJE1JsbM

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

CrazyCanadianMX wrote:Theres definitely a certain angle you can land at and still ride away from, but there's a certain limit...
Not just landing sideways, otehr crashes too.
MXS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EFJ1V1Kbjk
IRL http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8PFJE1JsbM
The clip of MXS is just luck really your legs would get thrown about and maybe still save it but it would hurt a bit.
Where as in IRL the forces put through the bike up his limbs unsettles the bike and his grip on the tank and pegs that it throws him off.

Question - did Carmichael knock himself out in that crash as it certianly looked it.
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
CrazyCanadianMX

Ignore all the swapping the MXS rider did before that. The point is that he rode out a sudden frontflip on flat ground. That's just simplt not possible.

Post by Phathry25 »

@48 Seconds. If that's not close enough to convince you that given the right circumstances, and enough strength, it could happen in real life, then you're clearly just being unreasonable.

CrazyCanadianMX

Hahaha oh yeah that crash was pretty funny. Its only funny because if it didnt stop and do that frontflip he woulda just absolutely ruined himselft and that guy on his left.

Post by haydugjr »

CrazyCanadianMX wrote:Hahaha oh yeah that crash was pretty funny. Its only funny because if it didnt stop and do that frontflip he woulda just absolutely ruined himselft and that guy on his left.
Nice job changing the subject and ignoring the fact that you've been wrong and wasting phathry's time.
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad
CrazyCanadianMX

What the hell are you getting at? I havent been saying your bike wont do a sudden fronflip off the ground, Im saying there's no chance you're hanging on when it happens. Unlike MXS. So really, i dont see anyone being "wrong" right now...

Post by KTM57 »

Nah, you pretty much evaded that you were wrong and pushed it off on the crash being funny.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.