Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by yzmxer608 »

I think it would be even better if you had the choice of the game picking you up, then a seperate choice of the game pointing you to the next gate. Right now I don't have the sit/dab button mapped to my controller, so if I take that system off, when I fall I don't get back up. I like not being pointed to the next gate, but I also want to get up off the ground.

A few other suggestions, I'm sure these are probably repeats:
-Movable objects
-Sub folders (Bike skins, rider skins, tracks, track files(sand/dirt.ppm files, billboard file, statue file ect.), other(numbers, speedo, pit board ect.)
-Use of rectangle or squares for collision instead of spheres (or have the choice of which you want to use)

I don't know how hard these would be to do, but I think they would be pretty useful.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I'm thinking it would be way better if the game uses collision meshes; low poly copies of the actual object. This is the best option for collision and is what almost all games abide by today.
Dan
Team: Privateer

Post by Dan »

Option multiplayer LAN
popov62

Post by popov62 »

Hello i'm new here ,

just a question :

Is it possible to have a "rear view" (associate with a buton) for the next snapshop please?

Ouuppss sorry , thank you!! :oops:
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

JLV have you looked into or Inquired about Euphoria engine or somthing of the sort?
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Mikey wrote:JLV have you looked into or Inquired about Euphoria engine or somthing of the sort?

I'm not sure if this is correct, but I'll give it a go:

The Euphoria engine is for GTA 4, which means that it is owned by Rockstar. And, I'm pretty sure years and years of R&D have gone into the engine, so I doubt unless JLV wanted to pay (a) million(s) of dollars for it, he won't be getting it.

Along with that, adding the Euphoria engine would completely change the game currently. It would have absolutely none of the same things. Every last bit of coding done for this game would need to be re-written to fit the Euphoria engine, and I am 100% sure that the engine we are currently using, Open Dynamics Engine, can be optimized just as easily to work.

There are some fairly decent titles that run off of ODE, and it is free (I believe. Don't quote me on that).

Call of Juarez, Xpand Rally, Stalker, Driving Speed, Lawmaker. They all look like decent games that run off of ODE, and Call of Juarez is an actual successful game. Or maybe it's another that sounds similar to it. But still, the ODE engine is perfectly capable of it. And if you look at the website (http://www.ode.com), you will see that nearly every game made with it is physics oriented, so I'm sure that it will do just fine.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Why would a link to a sute that is supposed to be about a game engine redirect me to a Offshore Drilling Engineering site?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

http://www.ode.org/

Who the hell puts .org after their website anyway. :/

Pssh.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

a company that likes to have cash in their wallets or thie just Kiwi's lol
My photography work
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

i think it'd be cool to a have a freinds list on multiplayer so you can see when they're online and offline and even tell what server they're in
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

man there is sooo much more things to im-prove then multiplayer.
My photography work
Turbine951

Post by Turbine951 »

A couple quick suggestions that I think would be easy to implement.

1.) I'd like to be able to see who's running in what order while the race is going on. As it stands now, you only know the order when you finish the race. For those who want to bash this idea because this game is a Sim, if you've ever been to an SX, at least the top 5 are shown on the scoring tower at all times. MVA also lists the top 3 and yourself in the top left hand corner during races.

2.) Not my idea really, but Danny mentioned being able to see how many people/which people are in each online server. I think JLV, you mentioned this might not be that far off. Along with this comes what track is currently running and so forth.

Just a few I would like to see.

EDIT: Oh, and automatic updates to the Hotlap website would be cool.
Storst
Team: Sturrst

Post by Storst »

cant find the right topic for this but this should do.
how bout some new tracks for the online server ? maby make a poll or something.
And if possible ! add another server that haves --erode in it. would be pretty cool if that would work online.
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

storstidjungeln wrote: add another server that haves --erode in it. would be pretty cool if that would work online.
While that would be completely awesome, I believe this would create enormous sync issues between computers. But I would not be suprised at all if jlv figures out a good way to do this! :mrgreen:

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
shoogshoog

Post by shoogshoog »

Im extremely tired of waiting for the rider to reset himself when I crash. Getting going from crashes is also really hard and frustrating. There should be an option to have a button that resets you where you're at and in the direction you where last traveling. Sim or not, If I am by myself free riding offline there is absolutely no reason for me to have to watch the rider struggle to get up and then have my bike get pushed sideways as I take off. Obviously, in races and time trials crash recovery would stay as it is.

Also, some sort of marker system a la EA Skate would be very nice. We could practice tough sections or session a cool free ride jump with great ease. It's hard for me to get better on tough tracks because I dont have the patience. If you crash it's either start the lap all over again or keep going without getting the last section down and crashing all over again the next lap. If you could set a marker you could practice each section individually without having to watch your crash, struggle to get going again, work your way over to the beginning of the section and start the whole process all over again.

I know it's a sim and you can't reset in real life but in real life everything on a bike is fun and in the sim getting back to your start spot is just annoying. It takes so long and is so frustrating to practice one section of jumps that I often find myself quitting the game or moving to a different track.

All in all, I think a reset button that resets you where you are at and a marker system would just make the game more fun and a hell of a lot less frustrating.

Also, if you're just going to reply telling me that it's a simulator , don't, you're just wasting your time. IMO part of the purpose of having a simulator is to make the actual activity a little less complicated and to do be able to do things in the sim that your probably not going to be doing in real life without any risk.

Thank you and I hope that wasn't too difficult to read.
Last edited by shoogshoog on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:31 am, edited 2 times in total.