Game Suggestions

Post your suggestions here
DJ99X

Re: Game Suggestions

Post by DJ99X »

Just a simple shader suggestion. If an object lies between the rider and the sun, the rider and bike shading should be fully ambient. Surely that wouldn't be a complex test, and shouldn't be hard to implement. Heck, even if it applied to track statues as well, which would be less of a problem because they would have their shading calculated before the track is loaded (right?). Going up those walls at Waterloo and staying lit up when you are obviously in the shadows just doesn't seem right.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Actually, that is a complex test. The simple way to do it would be to test every polygon in the world to see if it's blocking out the sun. That would obviously be expensive. I'll probably use a shadow map, which has its own limitations but is probably the best way to go.

It's definitely not a trivial test though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Heh, I thought it would be a simple test. Shows what I know :lol: But yeah, the first thing I thought was something like a shadow map, but that would apply for all heights, so would look a little dodgy if you were in the air and the sun was obviously not blocked. Shadow map sounds like the way to go though. Wouldn't shadows.pgm be what you would render for a shadow map anyway?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

A shadow map is a depth map drawn from the point of view of the light source. The coordinates wouldn't match the ground maps unless the sun was directly overhead.

Using shadows.pgm the shade objects might be a good idea too. It would be wrong sometimes but it would probably be hard to notice.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
shane78

Post by shane78 »

hey jlv didnt u tell me u were starting the 450s when u finish the 1.2 update? well i hope so! just asking not trying to rush u or anything because i know youre a one man crew ! :mrgreen:
Team Red Bull Riders-MXloverSam40-Shane78-Scottooo#607-ZaneImage big thanks to MXloverSam40 for the great sig
Mbutler183
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Creme Egg

Post by Mbutler183 »

shane78 wrote:hey jlv didnt u tell me u were starting the 450s when u finish the 1.2 update? well i hope so! just asking not trying to rush u or anything because i know youre a one man crew ! :mrgreen:
I think he's heard enough about 450's for a LIFETIME!
I'm getting fed up of hearing it and i don't have to code the damn things
shane78

Post by shane78 »

well some people are exited so im srry if ur not exited about new stuff in the game so if ur tired of hearing it! dont read about it! i just wanted to ask jlv
Team Red Bull Riders-MXloverSam40-Shane78-Scottooo#607-ZaneImage big thanks to MXloverSam40 for the great sig
AverageMatt.
Team: Privateer

Post by AverageMatt. »

Auto update! e.g if a new snapshop comes out the next time you play MX Simulator a window pops up saying would you like to update blah blah blah.

Also on multiplayer make it would be cool if you can see the riders bikes/skins without downloading them.
shane78

Post by shane78 »

AverageMatt. wrote:Auto update! e.g if a new snapshop comes out the next time you play MX Simulator a window pops up saying would you like to update blah blah blah.

Also on multiplayer make it would be cool if you can see the riders bikes/skins without downloading them.
thats what i said a page or two back.. we think alike lol.. that would be awsome tho
zane

Post by zane »

umm, i have an idea.

you should be able to select things like goggles, leatts and boots in the menu.

this way, you dont have to request people to make you a skin with certain accessories.
AverageMatt.

Post by AverageMatt. »

True. but then that would mean you would have to delete all the skins with leatts in them and it would proabaly to much coding for jlv.
DJD

Post by DJD »

I know the leg positioning has been improved over the past few weeks but it still looks a bit akward..... :?

GOONER!

Semi-Pro - dont mash my PS skills, i did this quick.

I know coding isnt easy, but it annoys the hell out of me when the riders leg just flops out there like a dead fish.....The leg should be tight against the shroud, while extending down towards the front wheel.

Just my observation and suggestion......
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeh thats sick DJ lol,
But when i bring my laptop to the races and people watch me play the game theres only one thing they really hate and thats crashing, and they all bag me because i play a game where he dosnt crash, i think the next thing we need is crashing...
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Wilmx829

Post by Wilmx829 »

His leg on turns and The Tire grip needs to be fixed.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:JLV is a risk-taking genuis pimp.
zane

Post by zane »

AverageMatt. wrote:True. but then that would mean you would have to delete all the skins with leatts in them and it would proabaly to much coding for jlv.
the stock rider model does not have a leatt, so it would not be that much coding.

All that would be needed is a menu fuction

eg helmet and rider.

all that is needed is someone to make a leatt brace, that is not joined to a certain rider model, like helmets.