Stop developing MX Simulator. Serious.

Post your suggestions here
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Stop developing MX Simulator. Serious.

Post by Phathry25 »

Now just hear me out here, and I'll show you how to become a millionaire.

Let's face it, nobody is here because of the amazing graphics, supportive community, or the awe inspiring menu screens. (If you consider how quick the menu's opperate then they are awe inspiring) We're all here for one thing, and that is that beautiful little stabilizer JLV wrote. Plain and simple. No other motorcycle game can even compare to the feeling of actually riding a damn motorcycle that the stabilizer in MX Sim offers. As far as I am concerned it is the greatest piece of sim racing technology that exists today. iRacing theoretical tire model? Pfft. rFactor2's chassis flex, realRoad, or super complex tire model? Ha! Neither of them are nearly as revolutionary as this stabilizer.

"No crap" you say. "Why would you want to abandon that?..." Here is where the million dollar idea comes in, and why MX Simulator needs to be abandoned.

Modularize everything about the game except the stabilizer code, keep that shit a closely guarded secret, but open yourself up to a virtually infinite number of two wheeled possibilities. Graphics, suspension, tires, engines, chassis, transmission, scoring, timing, etc... all customizable. Make it so the layman with a little research and basic math can make his own motorcycles, pedal bikes, scooters. Look at rFactor and rFactor Pro. Released even before MX Sim it is still the golden standard of sim racing. Formula 1 teams use rFactor Pro FFS! :shock: Why? Because it's so damn customizable, and offers a solid base of which to build from. Always wanted a downhill MTB simulator? No problem, plug that shit and and away you go! Never had the chance to feel the raw power of a 50cc moped between your legs? Now you can! BMX racing, GP racing, IOM TT, mopedcross, roller derby, TdF, grass track, street luge, the possibilities are virtually limitless.

Obviously this would be a huge undertaking, but once it took off there would be no stopping it! JLV would never have to work another day in his life. He could spend his time riding two strokes, mountain bikes, running back and forth to the bank to cash those huge steam commission checks, and talking with nice women. Wouldn't that be the life?... Makes me shed a tear of joy just thinking about it... :cry:

And there you have it, Phat's guide to becoming a millionaire, if you're name is JLV. 8)
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Re: Stop developing MX Simulator. Serious.

Post by cpt_Slow »

*your
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Only problem is the "steers like a real bike" part is a negative for the casual player! Definitely do want things to be more modular though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

I think if you were to come up with an "arcade" mode that was a hybrid of the PiBoSo method and the JLVS (JLV Stabilizer) you will have hit gold. Platinum even.

From my understanding his method is to have his simulated rider read the tires and terrain and then only lean as far as he safely can. Obviously as the coefficients (did I use that right?) change so does how much load the tires can take, and sometimes it catches you out. His rider is terrible at standing the bike up to catch slides though, which is where JLVS really excels.

So basically a JLVS that takes some of the control away from the player and attempts to keep him in the safe zone.

I hope you find time to add some modularity, I've been dreaming about taking a peak under the hood and making my own bikes for years! :lol:
al167
Team: Privateer

Post by al167 »

Ive figured it out! jlv is bill gates, He kinda disappeared and fell off the face of the earth around the time mxs was released.... remember when bill gates left Microsoft??. it was it 2006.
maybe that's why where all so stumped on why jlv doesn't want to make more money. Its obviously not about the money to him(I respect that) but all us red blooded mortals would so cash in on what you have Josh(or bill)!