Restarting

Post your suggestions here
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Restarting

Post by Sweendoggy »

Please do something about requesting restarts...

I rarely go on the open servers because you can never finish a race...

You work super hard to be leading for 4 laps, then bam, everyone disconnects/reconnects and restarts...

I think that other than "marshal" restarts, there shouldn't be a restart unless the leader restarts...and 2/3's vote...ARGG so frustrating
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Restarting

Post by jlv »

That's pretty close to what it is now. 1/2 is enough until the race is halfway over, then 2/3 is required.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

I'd like a hotkey for requesting restarts. That would be nice. Maybe I have missed it though.
rideblue56
Team: FSK

Post by rideblue56 »

i think the only thing that would result from that is people spamming the shit out of it. (worse then they already do now.)
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

Prologue wrote:I'd like a hotkey for requesting restarts. That would be nice. Maybe I have missed it though.
Yeah, I love it when guys beg beg beg for a restart, then disconnect after the first few turns cause they didnt get the holeshot, then they come back and beg all over again.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

Well then time how long it takes to do it by hand and only only requests that have gaps between them a little longer than what it would be to do it by hand. Then there is no benefit to spamming with the button versus doing it by the menu.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

*only allow*
chris465

Post by chris465 »

What I really wish we had that would pretty much stop this from happening is rated servers. Way back when I was playing MCM2 they had both rated servers and fun servers. And if you quit on a rated server or request a restart you lose points. I have no idea what kind of programming this would require or anything like that but I know that the faster guys in this game would play in the rated servers and we could have some awesome online racing.
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

I know this is a little extreme, but it would be best if restarts could not be requested during a race. It's the only way to keep the impatient little children from ruining the online experience. I'd like to see chat during the race done away with as well, or at least for people who just came in and aren't in the race.
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

so 1 guy would be racing on his own could keep 6 other people waiting for 10 minutes till the race is over? no
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

It's better than the BS that goes on now. You really don't have the patience to just ride in warmup mode for maybe 10 minutes at the most? That's pretty sad, and the reason that playing online sucks.
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

I agree with warrior, I would just hope that the 1 guy riding around would be decent enough to restart, and if not, oh well I could wait til he finished
Sweendoggy

Post by Sweendoggy »

and I would play online a LOT more if I knew every race I started would be finished haha
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

warrior462 wrote:It's better than the BS that goes on now. You really don't have the patience to just ride in warmup mode for maybe 10 minutes at the most? That's pretty sad, and the reason that playing online sucks.
what about the people that often don't have more than 15 minutes to have some fun online.
sure, often i end up joining at the start of a moto, but if there are a decent amount of guys racing I won't request a restart. I like to have the option though, in case there is just one guy riding.

there are plenty of bastards that keep on riding even though they are the only ones on the track.
Having multiple people wait for 1 guy for 10 minutes is going to hurt online more than it will heal.

new idea:
people in warmup mode can only request a restart if 2/3 of the people online are also in warmup mode. or if there is only 1 person riding.
sound fair?
that would require at least 4 people in warmup mode(and 3 of them requesting) to restart a 2 person race.

untill 2/3 of players are in warmup mode only the restart requests of racers count.

Or:
make the restart requests from people in warmup mode count less.
for example:
warmup mode restart request = 1 restart point.
racer restart request = 2 restart points.

2 races + 4 warmup mode = 8 points total.
so to restart required combinations can be.
2 racers = 4
2 warmup + 1 racer = 4
4 warmup = 4

maybe not water proof but at least a bit better than disabling restart all together.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

i would much rather have a vote to skip i hate getting stuck with bad tracks, bad tracks on OFFICIAL servers makes people quit.

server needs new map rotations asap, or at least a way to skip since theres are no admins ever on anymore. Schools out for A LOT of people and i would assume the servers will be filling up more.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/