forums talented skinners/modelers recognition.

Post your suggestions here
mace-x
Team: your sister´s fan!

forums talented skinners/modelers recognition.

Post by mace-x »

as in mxghq forums we should have a different colour for recognized creators, that would be like a prize that would move us to keep doing stuff dont you think?
dj, wake, wilson, david, tim, esk, luiz, showtime,etc. (just to name some of them) should be in yellow for the creations they have done and the huge contributions done to the game, also that would motivate a lot more people to try to do good stuff and release it i think.
Massacre ftw!

the human stupidity and the universe are unlimited, and im not totally sure about the universe...
Images381
Team: Privateer

Re: forums talented skinners/modelers recognition.

Post by Images381 »

everyone already knows theyve done so much I dont really see the point
DJ wrote: That top creators list is rooted. Don't even take notice of it. I'm not even on the darn thing.
Judge
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FSK

Post by Judge »

I like this one, and as far as my knowledge gets it wouldn't be that hard to do such thing ( correct me if i'm wrong.. )

It would be a good way for noobs to know who they can actually try to mess with or not... 'cause we all know they tend to do so...
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

I don't like this idea don't get me wrong I have a lot of respect for the track makers and model makers and what not but I think a seperate user group and a colored name will just go to some peoples head and make them feel superiour over others
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

we def don't need a feeling of superiority. mxhq had died
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

im not even on there:( im not so active with the forums no more caz im usually busy or working on shit for u guyss
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Well now we have 2 persons on the list.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Judge
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Judge »

hvpunk62 wrote:im not even on there:( im not so active with the forums no more caz im usually busy or working on shit for u guyss
The fact you are active or no doesn't mean you wouldn't be on the list oftalented skinners/modeleres list... I mean you're helping with the 2010 crf, the rm 125,and you helped DJ with the Yz/f?
You're deff there.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

I think it would be nice to recognize the people who have put hours and hours of their time into this game.

I think you would have problems with this system because there does not appear to be a fair, quantitative method of determining who deserves recognition and who does not.

Therefore, it would probably degrade into a pit of chaos fueled by jealously and arrogance.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Judge
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Judge »

Garasaki wrote:I think it would be nice to recognize the people who have put hours and hours of their time into this game.

I think you would have problems with this system because there does not appear to be a fair, quantitative method of determining who deserves recognition and who does not.

Therefore, it would probably degrade into a pit of chaos fueled by jealously and arrogance.

Lets say to be a recognized user you must have uploaded something to puremxs, and it must have gotten more than x downloads? or x rating..? I find that fair enough...
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Don't use the ratings on Pure, that would be a bad idea.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Downloads is sort of skewed too - some tracks/skins are greater then 60 megs and therefore cannot be uploaded to pure and therefore the download number on a track like that is meaningless. Furthermore, anyone who makes a track/skin greater then 60 megs has probably not just thrown some crap together, so many quality creations would be discounted with this method.

Also, a screwed up upload will show a huge number of downloads, as the download counter is each press of the download button, not each unique sucessful download.

Perhaps posts to the tutorial sections would be another way to look at this? And instead of talented creator/skinner/trackmaker, you could just title people "tutorial provider" which would indicate they are people interested in helping the community...
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Judge
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Judge »

Garasaki wrote:Downloads is sort of skewed too - some tracks/skins are greater then 60 megs and therefore cannot be uploaded to pure and therefore the download number on a track like that is meaningless. Furthermore, anyone who makes a track/skin greater then 60 megs has probably not just thrown some crap together, so many quality creations would be discounted with this method.

Also, a screwed up upload will show a huge number of downloads, as the download counter is each press of the download button, not each unique sucessful download.

Perhaps posts to the tutorial sections would be another way to look at this? And instead of talented creator/skinner/trackmaker, you could just title people "tutorial provider" which would indicate they are people interested in helping the community...
Yeah I have to agree. Not to mention how much shit gets posted on Puremxs and gets more downloads than a good creation.

I do like the "tutorial provider" idea... I think people should look up to making good tuts and such so others can learn easily and not release crap... (who am I to talk though :? )
Yahama7

Post by Yahama7 »

What about doing a poll every month and the skinner who wins it gets like a title which says :

Skinner of the Month: May 2010

just an idea..
It's Yahama7 !!!
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

I personally dont think this is a good idea. It makes me and other people fell bad because they cant skin. There will be people who will be forgotten then.