Track records in ingame chat

Post your suggestions here
Servatis

Track records in ingame chat

Post by Servatis »

So I was wondering, while riding online earlier on the SX tracks, what my fastest time was on the track since I haven't ridden on those tracks for half a year. I figured i should have gained some speed.
But to check that I would have to go out of the game and to the website all the time.

So I was thinking, how about a system that lets the server look at the times in the MXS stats server. and if people beat their PB or someone beat the global record. the server could post that in the chat. and by how much etc.

This way all people can see if someone beat a record.

And maybe once some one enters a server or the server changes tracks post the global record in chat. that way the fast people have something to aim for :)
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
ddmx

Re: Track records in ingame chat

Post by ddmx »

i was thinking the same thing while racing today as well.
Ashes
Team: Privateer #65

Post by Ashes »

I LOVE this idea - basically having the leader board pulled ingame (might expose ways to stop pirated copies of the game to seeing as a connection to the server would be needed every so often)

Also - times etc should be in time trial mode also (where I spend most of my time riding)
DJD

Post by DJD »

I also think the Track records should be reset, with the new snapshot some of the old records will never be beaten.
22sheza
Team: Privateer

Post by 22sheza »

this is a good idea
i love it
MxRiDER131
Team: Privateer

Post by MxRiDER131 »

This would be an awesome idea,it would make it alot more fun.
RV3

Post by RV3 »

Ashes wrote:I LOVE this idea - basically having the leader board pulled ingame (might expose ways to stop pirated copies of the game to seeing as a connection to the server would be needed every so often)

Also - times etc should be in time trial mode also (where I spend most of my time riding)
top idea i was thinking times should be added in single player too, cos half the time i'm online i lagg being a lappy user, also when i was getting p.b's last time i rode online people kept requesting restarts and i only had a lap to go with a 1.09 on alcrest if we can get the server to tell if your on a p.b and people restart when were near finished can it make them wait somehow?