Wont work...

Post your questions here
motox124
Team: Cernics

Wont work...

Post by motox124 »

I havent played this game in a couple of months and i wanted to play a little, so i came to the fourm to see if there was a new snapshot and there was and i installed it and then i opened it up the menu worked fine but it took 5min to load a track and then it would show me sitting on the gate and it just froze and closed out. it happens every time!
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Wont work...

Post by Phathry25 »

Does it still happen if you roll back to the previously working version you had?
motox124

Post by motox124 »

yes i have the 1.4 installer thing and when i have it at 1.4 it will still do that
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Do you mean 1.4 crashes or 1.4 works?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

motox124 wrote:yes i have the 1.4 installer thing and when i have it at 1.4 it will still do that
If you're in a server, disconnect and connect again. Or restart the race. It happens to me too.
motox124

Post by motox124 »

jlv, neither the 1.4 or the newest snapshot will work. ill click new race then select a track (say Alcrest) and ill click start and it will say loading track for a couple of minutes and then load bikes etc... then im on the gates but the game is frozen and cant do anything and it just sits there and then closes out
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I don't think it was the snapshot in that case. Try reinstalling/updating your graphics drivers. If it's an ATI card make sure catalyst AI is off.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
motox124

Post by motox124 »

Just updated my graphics card. its a ATI Radeon HD 4200. but it still didnt work. and also about to make sure the catalyat AI is off, where do i find that?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If you haven't already, install the drivers from AMD's site. The AI setting is in the Catalyst Control Center. If there is no Catalyst AI setting, unmark "Enable Surface Format Optimization" and set the texture filtering to "High Quality".
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
motox124

Post by motox124 »

is the AMD VISION Engine Control Center the same thing? cause thats where the catalyst control center used to be and now its that and it wont even open....
motox124

Post by motox124 »

http://www.mediafire.com/?ob8xum8a8rj0bpu here is what it does, and when the video ends is when the game just shuts off if I click or hit Esc. happens with all tracks too
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Does it run if you set "Ground Texture Levels" to "0"?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
SCHAFFERNOCKER
Team: blank

Post by SCHAFFERNOCKER »

This is the same problem I am having, I currently had to mass restore my laptop.

JLV sent me a new link for the game
Downloaded 1.4 and the new snap shot.
Updated my graphics card and ATI Catalyst Control to the new Vision version.
Got my models and everything needed.

Just freezes when the screen loads and im stuck on the gate, then it force quits the program.
motox124

Post by motox124 »

It only works 1 time. so if i end the race and go to another track it will close out when its loading but it works the first time
haydugjr
Crushed Dissenter

Post by haydugjr »

This happened exactly same thing to me. You need to disable Catalyst AI.
gocat199 wrote:see jlv. you need to do more thingies
Jones221 wrote: That was fucked up...Now I'll get hated for saying this, but I felt bad