How much detail does this game take to play?

Post your questions here
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

How much detail does this game take to play?

Post by Yamaha285 »

K so recently ive decided to upgrade components because my gtx 560 was bottlenecking my CPU. My set up now is a the gtx 560, i5 2500k 3.3ghz, 12 gs RAM, NXZT 850 bronze PSU and im still having major issues with high amounts of texture memory and and being so laggy at the gate i cant go. To me my PC should be more then capable of playing this game to its full potential with minor adjustments to more people on the server. My drivers all seem to be up to date what could cause this issue with a legit setup. It looks great but plays worse then 4 gs ram e5400 cpu and a ATI 4650 card i had before?
Shadow
Team: FSK

Re: How much detail does this game take to play?

Post by Shadow »

Guestion about the gfx cards. How much VRAM did they have? If mxsim's texture memory usage exceeds the card's VRAM it has to use the rest from a HDD which are way, waaay slower than RAM and it'll cause lag no matter how good the rest of your pc is.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Yamaha285

Post by Yamaha285 »

My ATI card was a 1024 mb and the GTX 560 is 1024mb. It will start effecting me at 800 mb used in game. And my hard drive is not the best in the window experience index its rated 5.9. it goes cpu 7.5 ram 7.5 graphics 7.7 graphics chip 7.7 then 5.9.
Yamaha285

Post by Yamaha285 »

Guess im just gonna sell my 1024mb gtx for the 2048mb superclocked gtx 560. performance should not be an issue then kinda wish i thought about that before the cards purchase
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

No, wait. If the memory usage doesn't exceed the card's VRAM the lag is caused by something else than what I described. :?
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
karlwb
Team: Privateer

Post by karlwb »

how does the game run offline?
Yamaha285

Post by Yamaha285 »

Shadow wrote:No, wait. If the memory usage doesn't exceed the card's VRAM the lag is caused by something else than what I described. :?
Well 18-20 people on 02 its at 900 to 1100 easy so it does exceed most times and i cant really move. Last night i rode 00 it was full so 15 people and i loaded at 846 with it being impossible to play. also on my personal server at green valley with 6 people 882 and same problem i wasnt leaving the starting line. could i have a faulty driver somewhere non card related or even card related.
karlwb wrote:how does the game run offline?
The game itself runs great the graphics are so legit but even by myself i load in at 300 to 400mb a track. offline i play fine and online i do aswell tell i hit the limit of that track and texture used. i tried to balance my card and turn texture resolution down to 64x64 and no memory change just the way the dirt loads in front of you.
Yamaha285

Post by Yamaha285 »

sorry double post and also i play flight sim and BF3 full wood and not even a hick up comes out i feel its something from my setup to this game, like a driver not getting along but my nvidias drivers are up to date version 285.62.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Try lowering "model texture detail" one step.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Yamaha285

Post by Yamaha285 »

what a significant difference i was to greedy at 10 so i drop to 9 and i have no issues thanks jlv. I do have a question about that though. why is it such a huge difference with the model detail at 1 click im sure if i had 1.5 or 2 gs on my card i would be fine?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

If the working set of textures is too big to fit in graphics memory it has to copy the textures over the PCI bus from system memory on every frame.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.