Please take a moment... Learning MXS

Post your questions here
ZaneMX
Team: Zaniac

Post by ZaneMX »

(Sorry if this is rushed I had a massive one written then I timed out)

Hi there,

I just bought MX sim yesterday and I am playing in arcade mode, just getting into switching it off when I discover that I require some srs pointers. I am using FSK's stability-suspension-gearing setup and a keyboard, a xbox 360 controller is coming in a couple of days so I should be fine with whatever advice you give me regardless of control platform.

I have a clip for you that I made today, on JS7 compound, maybe its the wrong track to learn on? I don't know, you tell me right?

Ok cool just look at the vid and suffer through it to give me some criticism and tips.

KTHXBAI

[flash=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGYXkh8Z7Tk[/flash]
ZaneMX

Post by ZaneMX »

Hi there,

I just bought the game and learning to turn off Arcade mode (which i am horrible at) and going to a mode i am even worse at. There is a clip here showing you how badly I take to the steep learning curve, I should be getting a controller in the next few days so any control platform advice is good. Please just give me a go and chuck in some pointers and criticism, feel free to leave setups, control layouts and tutorials, which are very welcome.

Thank you and here is the clip

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGYXkh8Z7Tk[/youtube]
ZaneMX

Re: Please take a moment... Learning MXS

Post by ZaneMX »

Woops I accidently posted two, sorry about that
Gideon#67
Team: Privateer

Post by Gideon#67 »

ZaneMX wrote:Hi there,

I just bought the game and learning to turn off Arcade mode (which i am horrible at) and going to a mode i am even worse at. There is a clip here showing you how badly I take to the steep learning curve, I should be getting a controller in the next few days so any control platform advice is good. Please just give me a go and chuck in some pointers and criticism, feel free to leave setups, control layouts and tutorials, which are very welcome.

Thank you and here is the clip

jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
ZaneMX

Post by ZaneMX »

So what was the point of that?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

He fixed the youtube embed code for you. I'd recommend setting the stability really high and following the bots around on stock tracks. Don't try to pass them, use them to pace yourself into the corners until you have a good feel for it.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Zane_Mx#88

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

What a near copy of my name :shock:
ZaneMX

Post by ZaneMX »

Zane_Mx#88 wrote:What a near copy of my name :shock:
Sorry, I didn't know anyone else would be using it :?
ZaneMX

Post by ZaneMX »

jlv wrote:He fixed the youtube embed code for you. I'd recommend setting the stability really high and following the bots around on stock tracks. Don't try to pass them, use them to pace yourself into the corners until you have a good feel for it.
Thanks mate, I have been practicing using high stability and gradually decreasing it as I get better. I started at 100 and I'm now at 60, would using engine braking to go around corners help kill the momentum a bit so I don't huck the berm? Also what cc bike do you recommend for practice, I'm currently on a 250 as I find the 450s and 350s to have to much power to get out of first gear. Is it wise to do this or should I be practicing with a powerful bike to help get used to controlling the power?
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Either a 125 or older 250f would be the easiest to handle.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.