Import GPS (.gpx) data

Post your questions here
Mayfly
Team: Privateer

Import GPS (.gpx) data

Post by Mayfly »

Hi,
Does any one know if it is possible to use a GPS data file to import into software to create a track for MXS? I have a .gpx file recorded from my phone of my local MX track which I'd like to try and use as a base to make the track. I can view it in google earth but I was no able to get it into google sketch / autocad etc...
Worse case I would have to use my GPS unit from work and carry out a survey to get a proper 1:1 track =P
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Re: Import GPS (.gpx) data

Post by yzmxer608 »

If you have the data in Google Earth ok, here's a tutorial to get the data from GE using a few different tools. http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f189-mo ... heavy.html
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Mayfly
Team: Privateer

Post by Mayfly »

Hey Yzmxer,
Thanks for the reply, had a little read through and got that software. From what I gather that only lets me save the information already on google earth, rather than any .gpx files I load into it. I did though through links on there manage to convert my .gpx into co-ordinates and realise the levels don't work out correct. I might just get a good old surveyors GPS an walk twice around the track recording each end ;)
At least that would let me create a 1:1 replica of my local track to scale / height within 30mm ;) Wonder if anyone has ever done that before :P
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Glad you got it figured out. I don't anyone has done that yet, at least for a mxs track.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.