Freezing Issue

Post your questions here
Bloomracing#15

Freezing Issue

Post by Bloomracing#15 »

Hello. While playing the game my screen and sound will it will sporadically freeze and lag. After this happens any key i was pressing will get stuck on and must be pressed again for them to come off. I watched task manager while playing and 1 of my cores had a high usage while the others were not being used. Then when the game lagged the usage on the 1 core dropped down. What is causing this? thanks
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Freezing Issue

Post by jlv »

Are you low on memory? If the CPU is waiting for memory to be paged back from the hard drive the usage would drop. If you were running really high texture settings, try the normal or compatibility graphics settings.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Bloomracing#15

Post by Bloomracing#15 »

I'm running high quality on my macbook pro. 16gb of ram with a 750m nvidia graphics card. i will try turning the graphics down
Bloomracing#15

Post by Bloomracing#15 »

Is there anything else that I can do to stop the lag? it seems to be getting worse. I have the latest NVidia graphics driver installed but all other drivers on my computer are ffrom bootcamp installer. My MacBook is the late 2013 edition with 16gb of ram and a 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.5GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache. so I do not understand why I cannot run this game at a high graphics setting.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Try setting your power management settings to high performance in the Windows Control Panel. Some laptops will try to use the integrated Intel GPU to save power otherwise.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.