Wont Run

Post your questions here
dill624
Team: DT RACING

Wont Run

Post by dill624 »

Im trying to download the demo on my alienware m11x wit windows 7 and it wont run, ive tried uninstalling restarting just about everything and it wont work plz helpp.

PS: Even tho i have a nice computer im not rich and neither r my parents!
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Wont Run

Post by jlv »

At least some Alienware computers come with a DirectInput device that causes a page fault when MX Simulator queries it. The next version will have a workaround for the bug.

Also, the user who originally reported the problem was able to work around it by disabling "G2 Desktop" in the Windows device manager. So that might be worth a shot until the 1.5 demo is out.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
dill624

Post by dill624 »

I downloaded the full version to my moms old laptops soo this works not as great though wish it worked on mine.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

For the full version just run the most recent snapshot release (currently 2011-05-24 snapshot) and it should be fine.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
dill624

Post by dill624 »

Somehow it started running just over 20min ago thanks to JLV for helping me out huge props.