Vegas 2010 disp beta

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
ddmx

Re: Vegas 2010 disp beta

Post by ddmx »

Voutare wrote:I don't know.

For some reason, the last round of the series shouldn't ride completely different from the first 16. It just feels out of place. In my opinion, JLV should make it, as he has. As a complete set, it's just an oddball. And that being said, I really didn't like the rhythm lanes or whoops that much for that matter. Triples were cool though, and the finish line was goofy.
Fair enough, since the series did end up becoming completely done by jlv, it's probably better if he does do this one. Just thought I'd try to hold up my end of the deal and not leave him hangin though. I to agree with you voutare though, 100%, just wanted to get a beta out there and see what you guys thought too.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

No hard feelings, mate.

It'd be similar to if MvA were made by completely different styles. Think about how awkward it would be, you know? The uniformity is what brought it together.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Voutare wrote:No hard feelings, mate.

It'd be similar to if MvA were made by completely different styles. Think about how awkward it would be, you know? The uniformity is what brought it together.
No hard feelings man. :wink:
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

i think you should stick to it, but make it a VERY hard track.

Its supposed to be a shootout for the top 20 riders in each division of EAST/WEST .

your not invited unless your top 20, which kinda says the local pro shouldnt be attempting this.

Im all for Gnarly whoops, rythmn and maybe some ruts :P (even tho its west coast).

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Yeah, no ruts. Hard packed and slippery as a wet nun!
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

i have to agree with voutare. the track is good, dont get me wrong. just the jumps are different. i dont know if im just used to jlvs track, but his seem so perfect. also it feels like your track is a little off scale, even though the width and all that stuff is right, except i think the jumps are a little tall. also the finish line landing is really wierd and the triple landings and takeoffs are a little weird. whoops are really tough aswell. the berm shape is is also kinda sloppy(only on a few corners) and they dont ride quite as well. please dont take my harsh critique wrong, and i hope you take these things into mind so that maybe next time everyone might like your track better than jlv's.
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

x2 :wink:

And you guys have a good point about what i said about the whoops. (and you can just read my signature :wink: )
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Voutare wrote:I don't know.

For some reason, the last round of the series shouldn't ride completely different from the first 16. It just feels out of place. In my opinion, JLV should make it, as he has. As a complete set, it's just an oddball. And that being said, I really didn't like the rhythm lanes or whoops that much for that matter. Triples were cool though, and the finish line was goofy.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

JLV's got a very particular style of jump construction. It seems to work pretty good and emulates (the spirit of) the way the AMA SX's ride.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Actually, I just do a pretty rote translation based on the slopes/heights given out by dirtwurx. :mrgreen:

I do test the rhythm sections pretty extensively though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
yomo

Post by yomo »

im surprised that RM125 gets over some of the jumps :mrgreen:

I haven't downloaded the beta, but I do agree with the general consensus that the series is better as a uniform style. Maybe release this as a separate track? One that is really hard
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

I like the whoops, the jumps and rythm sections need a little attention but it seems like it could be very nice with a tad of tweaking.
BRYAN17

Post by BRYAN17 »

IN my opinion the whoops are maybe a little big on i did not like the setions where the inside was low and outside was high