I need a help on track making

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

I need a help on track making

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Hey guys , whats up ? Well i started to try understand this editor. I'm doning a ''test track'' and i see the scale is pretty big.
Can i use a bigger file on Photoshop to have a better scale on PS ? and i was trying paint with the dirt that i found on editor and it doesnt work just update the shadows and keep all green
PS: I download only the last Blank file , i havent the first one

If someone can help me ill be glad
Sorry as my bad english i'm trying speak right :oops:

lucas
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: I need a help on track making

Post by Pumaxcs »

ok the green part i think i no what your problem is...
the tile map textures dont overlap the decals so ytour going to eighter move the grass texture or use a dirt decal to go overtop the grass decal
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Ok , let's slow dude. I'm too noob and havent a great english ! I need modific any file ? i saw this files that you said on my blank folder , but i dont understood about what to do for fix it :oops:
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

no edit file... just go to editor click decals and there should be arrows around the grass go up to top left corner and click a dirt text that you like then start cliking them around were you want them to go
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Ohh thanks Puma. Someone know about the Size on Photoshop?
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

sure thing

i would help with PS but since i dont have it im gunna let DJ or ddmx take this one :wink:
MXS Cares
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

For the PS file, it doesn't actually change.

You have your 1025x1025 terrain.png file at all times. The part that changes is your scale in the terrain.hf. Basically, that tells you how much detail is put into the map, and it also makes it smaller. The second number in terrain.hf is the one you change.

This is what is in terrain.hf: 9 2.000000 0.000000 0.000000

If you make that: 9 .500000 0.000000 0.000000

It will divide the total area by 4 (picture the map as a graph, one square of the 4 that are there is the total space).

When you do this, it will also enable you to make your terrain much more accurate. So, your track will become HD, which essentially allows you to make tire wide ruts, among other less noticeable details.
FactoryBR21

Post by FactoryBR21 »

Ok , thanks i guess i open it with Notpad allright ?
I got another problem , i tried update my terrian.png but when i go to test it it the same track ( the old version) I already tried remove the blank foler but keep the old track
Pumaxcs

Post by Pumaxcs »

dang if i knew thats what you ment i couldve done that to...
and yeah notepad

so you refreshesed the map by smoothing it?
MXS Cares
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

You have to refresh the shading. Just set the 'strength' value to a really low number in the editor, then apply 'smooth' to the whole track.

And back to what Voutare was saying. That second number in the terrain.hf file is in feet/pixel. The first number you can leave alone, and the 3rd and 4th number is your minimum and maximum height (in feet)
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Don't use the normal Notepad either.

Download Notepad++. Regular Notepad seems to scramble all the data around, for some strange reason.