Suggestions for Mx Sim Editor

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
kwic73

Re: Suggestions for Mx Sim Editor

Post by kwic73 »

it needs to made more simple, not really simple just easy 2 understand, Its got to be made that it replicas and actually track builder, ive read all the tutorials and played around with the editor for hours trying to make sense of it and i cant. Some one needs to explain to me how to build different things excatly or they make editor easier to understand. I wish some one would help me
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

honestly all you have got to learn is how to make a lip and a landing jump then you can do anything you want
but if you want your tracks to be somewhat decent i would suggest learning how to do a lil bit in photoshop
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
kwic73

Post by kwic73 »

ya thats what i want to do because i know photoshop but i cant get it for my computer
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

well theres a secret way to get it... im not aloud to say it in public but i think you know how
or if you dont want to get your hands dirty just use gimp
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

Pumaxcs wrote:honestly all you have got to learn is how to make a lip and a landing jump then you can do anything you want
but if you want your tracks to be somewhat decent i would suggest learning how to do a lil bit in photoshop
Thats the problem, I cant do that =/ I find it impossible to do a jump..Its so damn hard, I tried for like 45 min and it didnt even look like a jump.. :(
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

Rallemx wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:honestly all you have got to learn is how to make a lip and a landing jump then you can do anything you want
Thats the problem, I cant do that =/ I find it impossible to do a jump..Its so damn hard, I tried for like 45 min and it didnt even look like a jump.. :(
i am going to help you:

*1) close photoshop
*2) unistall LT3D
*3) uninstall Terragen
*4) unistall all youre programs u downloaded

1.- place the gradient where you want the jump ( jump finish in the center of the gradient )
1.JPG
(135.43 KiB) Downloaded 387 times
2.- draw youre jump, Segment type: Line
2.JPG
(110.82 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
3.- Select Gradient Linear Paint, follow the strenght focus in the image, and paint youre jump
3.JPG
(134.32 KiB) Downloaded 386 times
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
DankeKTM21

Post by DankeKTM21 »

4.- Once youre jump is finished
4.JPG
(135.32 KiB) Downloaded 392 times
5.- Smooth it ( follow my streght focus settings ) clicking fast
5.JPG
(129.12 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

That's the most fucked up way of making jumps I have ever seen. :/

What I do, is I put the gradient placement down, and edit it so the takeoff has 3 points on the front face. A bottom one (That is the default bottom of the graph (press 'f'), I have a halfway, and a peak. The first point is set to a curve, so the jump curves, then flattens out before the lip. Then it goes back down using the same technique. I'll show you a picture when I get back on that computer.

EDIT: ANd there are two types of making them too.

There is paint and add. Paint is for when you want to make it based on the flat default ground, and add is off of the current terrain. The way I showed can work for both, but if the terrain is 30ft up, your going to have to start your jump 30 feet up if you want to paint it. You need to get a feel for using each style, and you will become good at this stuff.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I like add better, mostly because the jumps I add are normally on existing terrain. It's getting a little easier for me but the thing I have to remember is to keep the path low on the 2d view. I forget this a lot and I go to test the track and there is a giant skyscraper there. I haven't added any jumps on an actual track yet though, just messed around on a mound. I'm working on changing this though :wink: .
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Its still bloddy confusing
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
DankeKTM21

Post by DankeKTM21 »

Voutare wrote:That's the most fucked up way of making jumps I have ever seen. :/

What I do, is I put the gradient placement down, and edit it so the takeoff has 3 points on the front face. A bottom one (That is the default bottom of the graph (press 'f'), I have a halfway, and a peak. The first point is set to a curve, so the jump curves, then flattens out before the lip. Then it goes back down using the same technique. I'll show you a picture when I get back on that computer.

EDIT: ANd there are two types of making them too.

There is paint and add. Paint is for when you want to make it based on the flat default ground, and add is off of the current terrain. The way I showed can work for both, but if the terrain is 30ft up, your going to have to start your jump 30 feet up if you want to paint it. You need to get a feel for using each style, and you will become good at this stuff.
idk if i explained bad because my lenguaje or the tutorial is wrong, but, if the tutorial is bad, why its bad, cant you make whatever you want with the gradient? maybe is my way to make tracks, i dont know if its easyer for you, but i think to new people its more hopefullusing editor that other programs

if you use curve, it makes a default jump, not what you want to do exactly 100% thought :wink:
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

yzmxer608 wrote:I like add better, mostly because the jumps I add are normally on existing terrain. It's getting a little easier for me but the thing I have to remember is to keep the path low on the 2d view. I forget this a lot and I go to test the track and there is a giant skyscraper there. I haven't added any jumps on an actual track yet though, just messed around on a mound. I'm working on changing this though :wink: .

Think about it this way:

Dark lines= 10 ft.
light lines= 2 feet. (Or something like that, count it out and divide.)
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I'll have to keep that in mind. I wish there was a option when adding/painting jumps that you could hold the shift key and it would make a straight line, like photoshop. For some reason I can't keep the jump straight while adding it.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
MXF_ATOC-x111

Post by MXF_ATOC-x111 »

Sorry this is a little off topic but this is a great program !!!(The Crysis Editor)

Takes ideas from here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... 7&type=mov
Last edited by MXF_ATOC-x111 on Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

How do you (easily) update the shadows for your track?
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.