help making a saf

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
matias
Team: Privateer

help making a saf

Post by matias »

well , i make this topic to learn how make a track.saf . i can make saf , ive got the Python compiler and the jlv scprit and works good . the main problem its when i want to make it as wheels1758 post in this http://forum.mxsimulator.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17033 . where the saf its the same as a folder.
when i make the track i use the the main folder (track name) , and inside use some extra folders like "billboardfiles" , "decalfiles" , "skybox"... to get a better order, prolixity . but when i run the saf.py or the saf creator app . the problem starts here. i run saf.py "track folder" trackname.saf, the script make the saf but doesnt include the inside folders. when i put the track in the game in the console, say a warning of missing the texture, model located in those folders as example "decalfiles" .

in other hand the saf made it by wheels1758 shows it can be done a saf whit sub folders , because i enter to the servers whit the safed link and run great , and delete the saf file , and load the traditional personal folder track folder , and runs good too.

please someone of more experience help me . I ll thank you for your help.
Phathry25 wrote: everyone has to start somewhere and if theres no available templates they have three options, ripping, kissing your ass, or making their own template.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: help making a saf

Post by jlv »

Don't use spaces in your track folder.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
matias

Post by matias »

jlv wrote:Don't use spaces in your track folder.
i do what do you tell me , but doesnt work for me , to explain a little more what im doing and someone helme to troubleshoot the problem i upload some images.
in this pic , ive got a folder named "1" whit all the folders and files used on the track
on pic2 i open the statues file as example to show inside the tiles are pointed rigth to the location.
in this pic3 i open the command line and go to the directory where its the track folder , and run the saf.py script
on pic04 have the result . oviusly for some reason dosent work for me .

i ll be glad for some help.
Phathry25 wrote: everyone has to start somewhere and if theres no available templates they have three options, ripping, kissing your ass, or making their own template.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Why do you need to saf washougal
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I'd open the saf in a text editor to see what was included.

I wonder what "desaf.py" does.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
matias

Post by matias »

dj i use washugal to check if what im doing its rigth .what better to chose a track what i see works on both systems . but not the case for me im doing anything wrong.

jlv ill check what do you say .how would be the rigth includes. desaf.py its the same of saf.py i was trying to under stand the problem and i was trying to solve the problem by myself to see if i can make it work as the other ppl .i show the steps i do to make the saf and the results. because i m thinking they use other script to do it or they do it in different order.
matias

Post by matias »

well i check what jlv say in the first part of the saf and i see uses a bad bar(slah i think its ) doesnt matter i upload the pic where i compare the 2 files and the difference.
the left column its the fixed and the right its the saf made.

i copied the file , and change to the other side bar and put it on the folder and works , has some error because i dont change all the bar , but that i think confirm my theory of they are using other script to make the saf. or why that happen when i make the track.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Are you sure you have the most recent script? It should replace backslash characters with slashes automatically.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
matias

Post by matias »

well , i wasnt noticed the script was updated :P . i apologize about that , but not was well reported :P. thx JLV for your interest to help me solve the problem.