DJ99X

Re: Multiple light sources?

Post by DJ99X »

I've asked JLV before, its not possible sorry
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Well sh00t. :( Time to visit the game suggestions thread.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

It seems to me that adding light sources would use a bunch of computing power. So it may not be feasible from a lag standpoint.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Many other games offer this technology, along with pixel shaders and many more really nice graphical features. They all run fine. It's about time MXS welcomed itself to the 21st century.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I think that stuff is held back by the game engine, not sure though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

we could have people donate money so we have enough for a new gaming engine plus im sure jlv makes some money with all of us buying his product
Turbine951
Team: Privateer

Post by Turbine951 »

Not nearly enough to buy a new engine. Even if every member registered on this forum has purchased the game, which is definitely not the case but i'll use it to prove a point. Currently that number stands at 848 members, and at $42 for each copy of the game, that gives JLV $35,616. He's been working at this game since at least 2007 because that's when it was first released. This gives him $11,872 a year for each of these last 3 years. I'm not sure if JLV works another job (at the rate he pops out updates, it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't) but if he doesn't that is a very small amount of money per year. If you go about figuring the amount of time put into the game, the $ per hour amount is extremely low.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

id dont know man over at motor world online ( a car game) MMO ,in the process of being made ,over there we have less member but still managed to donate and get a enough money for a new gaming engine,there forums ,lets just say we get more post in one hr that there forums get in a week(no lie)
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

I don't expect shaders to pose that much of a problem. I've just been more focused on getting all of the fundamentals right before I start adding frills that won't work on the cheap GPU's that half the players are using.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Yes but they are also using there friends copy, why should you care about them? Pump it up!
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

agreed with puma!
DankeKTM21
Team: Danke KTM

Post by DankeKTM21 »

i think this looks good, imo, PEACE =]
Kawasakis wrote:Hah yeah, because basketball and football requires just one ball - two balls just only for motocross riders haha
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

Show me a picture of a bike in the lit spot and tell me if it still looks good....That's my point.

I'm glad to hear it's coming, and I understand the reasoning on waiting until the bitter end, lol. Thanks!