Upcoming Tracks #1

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
ddmx

Re: Post your upcoming tracks

Post by ddmx »

Garasaki wrote:I haven't watched the whole vid.

But it looked to me like you've done 0 work on any of the corners, but your jumps are like 90% or so done. I would think you'd at least do some preliminary work on your corners as you progress on the track, since the corners more or less control your speed on the straights (and therefore control the height/distance you can jump).
Yeah, this is very true. I have spent no time on corners except maybe 2 of them. For some reason, whether it be good or bad, probably bad, I do the jumps first. I'll work on the corners some this weekend after all my tests and then get back to ya. :wink:
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Yeah my original point was pretty much exactly what I said:

Corners are as important as jumps.

I didn't have specific criticism of your corners, other then they are all flat (an occasional flat corner is a great idea).
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

haha sorry i found that last page quite humorous and ddmx ahem haha i will be 15 on the 11th wht did u guys get me....jk
track looks great keep up the good work fellas :D
JES_934
Team: TMFactoryRacing.com

Post by JES_934 »

ddmx, I have some suggestions concerning the straight that comes up at 2:15 in your video. Leave the jump combinations the same and just space them out a little more and stretch the landing of the table a bit. Or, leave the first single and put in a few roller whoops that you jump into leading up to the table. Or, make the second and third jumps in the first combo almost identical height for a small triple leading into the table. Or, just make a roller whoop section leading into a camelback that replaces the table. Just a few ideas if any of them sound interesting. The track looks like it's going to be fun for sure. Kinda reminds me of a combination of a couple national tracks on the circuit, a little Hangtown, Steel City, maybe some Mt. Morris. Good luck and look forward to this and your future creations!
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Thanks for the input man, but I think that straight will get replaced by a new smoother, less binding section.
zane

Post by zane »

staydown
Team: Building Tracks Only

Post by staydown »

The MDK compound is coming along. Textures were based off of the sky box, not sure if I like em though. Team members will be getting a beta shortly.
Bona.com

Post by Bona.com »

Thats one good track i would say,
wanst you going to do a motard part also?
But great!
When will it be released? ;)
"Ride hard and die, Thats just life"
"I like Dirt and Bikes, does that make me mentaly sick?"
ShackAttack12 wrote: Have fun creating things because you enjoy doing it and want to contribute to the community.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

staydown wrote:The MDK compound is coming along. Team members will be getting a beta shortly.
If you use your eyes and read, you can ditch the senseless greed.
staydown

Post by staydown »

This is my 3rd attempt at making a map for this compund. The first one I made did have a supermoto track on it, but got ruined somehow by editing it in microsoft paint instead of photoshop. The second one was too small and I ended up spending all my time working on Timber Hills for the track competition. The current map has less than 10 hours into it. It is far from done, wasn't planning on adding a super moto track but I guess I could add one.
kevin131mx
Team: Privateer

Post by kevin131mx »

Looks nice man! But will it be public once the final is released?
toonys66
Team: Privateer

Post by toonys66 »

it look great staydown, already your track timber hill is my favorite ( really great track) so it ll be good to try this one!
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Bet those mountains look too high in game
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

On your SX track, the step on step off rythem section. Try to smooth out the edges on that so it can be more of a rythem instead of a forced one line through it.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
staydown

Post by staydown »

Kevin - It is going to be public, any track that I show to the community will be released.
DJ - The montains are huge, and I actually did modify the height of the original skybox by pushing the bottom up so the lower mountains are visible. I might try and modify it even more by warping the top so the peaks aren't as high.
Puma - I know it's single lined, I will change that so you can jump over or across the tables. I also plan on adding a rythm section somewere too.

thanks for the interest and opinions guys