Mxsim and rough terrain

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Shadow
Team: FSK

Mxsim and rough terrain

Post by Shadow »

Allright, I'm trying to make a track that's not 'smooth as butter' as Motoboss put it but I've been running into a bit of a trouble. It seems mxsim REALLY doesn't like uneven terrain. Right now I need you guys to watch this vid and tell me if that looks too rough compared to real tracks.

I know it's a short vid and I'll upload the track tomorrow if anyone wants to try to tackle this rough stuff with me.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Garasaki

Re: Mxsim and rough terrain

Post by Garasaki »

What I believe you are failing to understand is that terrain is not rough like that in real life.

MX Tracks are smooth, with areas of heavy acceleration and braking becoming rough.

So your terrain should only be rough like that in braking and acceleration zones.

If you are using photoshop for your track, and you have those bumps on a different layer (which hopefully is the case), then try using a layer mask to reduce the bumpiness in appropriate areas.
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

That looked like you were using a 1024x1024 map.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Allright garasaki, thanks I'll do that. And yes, I'm using photoshop for those bumps :wink:

@Pumaxcs: It's 2049x2049 with the dimension?resolution whatever set to 0.6
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

The bumps look too close together.

I reckon the track's with the most realistic roughness, were the one's that used erode, like St Jean d'Angely or Springburg
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

This is probably the roughest I've ever seen a track in real life. I'm not sure a lap around a track in mxs with these bumps would be a smart idea.

Shadow

Post by Shadow »

DJ wrote:The bumps look too close together.

I reckon the track's with the most realistic roughness, were the one's that used erode, like St Jean d'Angely or Springburg
Used erode, how? Please elaborate.
ddmx448 wrote:This is probably the roughest I've ever seen a track in real life. I'm not sure a lap around a track in mxs with these bumps would be a smart idea.
That's pretty much what my aim was. A rough track where you can actually see the suspension doing some work in the straights.
FactoryBR21
Team: Privateer

Post by FactoryBR21 »

ddmx488 wrote:This is probably the roughest I've ever seen a track in real life. I'm not sure a lap around a track in mxs with these bumps would be a smart idea.
Pretty sure you haven't ride in the red dirt ground in Brazil ! That's really bumpy
Mbutler183 wrote:I remember when we had to play mva instead of mxs, what a load of shit that was.
LuKe

Post by LuKe »

ddmx488 wrote:This is probably the roughest I've ever seen a track in real life. I'm not sure a lap around a track in mxs with these bumps would be a smart idea.
http://www.youtube.com/v/vfKHNv18zGM
jesus, where i live that would be considered normal, ive rode much rougher at my local track :wink:
jayjayktm

Post by jayjayktm »

LUKE2851 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/v/vfKHNv18zGM
jesus, where i live that would be considered normal, ive rode much rougher at my local track :wink:
X2
REIDY-171

Post by REIDY-171 »

I take it ddmx won't like riding at Glen Helen. :lol:

That place get ROUGH.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Used erode, how? Please elaborate.
Add --erode 0.2 to the target line in the MX Sim shortcut. It can be any number up to 1 if you want. Thing is, the shadows are no longer updated, so its a bit hard to do it unless you re-render the shadows every few laps.
WhMx179

Post by WhMx179 »

dude have you ridden at southwick? wayy rougher
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I think he is talking about tracks with harder dirt, not sandy tracks like the ones mentioned
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

or hangtown
or glen helen
or any track?
only one to win something real from the game!