Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by Yamahaman95 »

barrington314 wrote:
ehm24 wrote:Would it be possible to make a track ever look like that?
yes. people whine now about not being able to run the game though.
can you blame them? i mean the track makers know that there are gonna be 40 people on that gate..yet they try to make them look as good as possible..you think they would do the opposite..but its watever..im grateful that these people are doing this for us in the first place
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

The tracks use less geometry than two bike and rider setups (if user made models are used).
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

no i dont blame them. time to upgrade your PC if you cant run this game... i saw sween make a good point yesterday in the server, its amazing the time people spend on this game, but have crappy PCs. i dont have the greatest computer either. but i make blank billboard files and only use peoples bike models that i want to see during the main races. but id never want people to demote the game to make it playable for myself. i want to see the game evolve. even if that means i need to save money for better parts.
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Look at it using this example.

I'm sure 99% of people on the forum race motocross in real life. We all love motocross and we all spend a lot of time doing it but not all of us can afford that brand new 4 stroke which performs the best and has the best suspension so we race on our beat up 2005 bike instead with a badly worn tyre and a leaking fork seal. Yes we would love to be on that brand new 4 stroke/2 stroke but we cant afford it so we make the best of what we have because we love motocross.

It's the same with the game, we all love playing it but we cant all afford that super computer so we make do with what we have. You cant expect everyone to drop a grand on a pc just because they want to play the game.

Now imagine if a real life race organiser said that you can only enter if you're riding a 2012 bike, you'd be pretty unhappy sat there on your 2005.

If you want to see the game evolve then it should be by making the game look better whilst still being able to run on most computers. That would be the best case scenario.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I paid 700 for my Dell laptop at the end of last year. It handles the game fine. Id daresay that the same laptop would only cost about 500 in the US considering prices are rather inflated for everything in Australia compared to the US.
Stickerz
Team: N/A

Post by Stickerz »

Most of what people assume as the game not running well on most computers, they're wrong. If you put 40 people on stock models, stock tracks, I'm sure almost everyone on this forum could run that pretty easily. the low frame rates come from the hundreds of thousands of extra polygons that custom models bring, so they can have more detail. The game's models look OK, but run amazing. on my laptop, sx race = all low settings. custom models = ~5 fps. all stock models = ~20+ fps.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

BuddyTheElf wrote:Look at it using this example.

I'm sure 99% of people on the forum race motocross in real life. We all love motocross and we all spend a lot of time doing it but not all of us can afford that brand new 4 stroke which performs the best and has the best suspension so we race on our beat up 2005 bike instead with a badly worn tyre and a leaking fork seal. Yes we would love to be on that brand new 4 stroke/2 stroke but we cant afford it so we make the best of what we have because we love motocross.

It's the same with the game, we all love playing it but we cant all afford that super computer so we make do with what we have. You cant expect everyone to drop a grand on a pc just because they want to play the game.

Now imagine if a real life race organiser said that you can only enter if you're riding a 2012 bike, you'd be pretty unhappy sat there on your 2005.

If you want to see the game evolve then it should be by making the game look better whilst still being able to run on most computers. That would be the best case scenario.
thats not such a good comparison. noone is saying you cant play on your hp pavilion t2804. or whatever you have. it may be slow, lag, and not be as up to par as others machines, but, like you said. irl, not everyone can have the same competitive bikes. but they all still have to race against those better bikes if they so choose to compete. same thing here. :D
Stickerz
Team: N/A

Post by Stickerz »

You pretty much just re-worded what he said...
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

no. hes comparing racing real life older bikes against new. saying that everyone can still do it. track promotors arent saying you cant race your old bike against the new ones. but is making it sound like this game isnt allowing old computers to play against new computers. they still can. if i miss interpreted his scenario. then please, carry on your way and ignore my posts.
BuddyTheElf wrote:
You cant expect everyone to drop a grand on a pc just because they want to play the game.
but if you wanted to play a xbox or ps3 game, you would first have to drop the money on the gaming system itself.
hvpunk62

Post by hvpunk62 »

NoFear345 wrote:very doubtful
I feel once ground normals and spec is in mx sim. this is very possible. Even now you could probably be possible it just matters on how much time the track maker wants to spend on blending decals and some good shading files.
motoxlova#1
Team: Free lancer

Post by motoxlova#1 »

barrington314 wrote:but if you wanted to play a xbox or ps3 game, you would first have to drop the money on the gaming system itself.
Yea, but there's a big difference between $200 and $1000...
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

motoxlova#1 wrote:
barrington314 wrote:but if you wanted to play a xbox or ps3 game, you would first have to drop the money on the gaming system itself.
Yea, but there's a big difference between $200 and $1000...
you dont need a complete new computer in all cases though
shawn1331
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Entrepreneur

Post by shawn1331 »

I got my computer for $75 off a lease from an old office building that closed. It runs the game ok but I have to update it if I play with more than 5 other people.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

i think that the day that this game is based on looks and not gameplay is the day this game dies..i can run super low graphics (which i do) but i mean i think it would help if they made a race version and a normal version..just saying..i run stock models and stuff but somtimes all the the trees make my computer start to smoke then it kind of shits it self hahaha
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards