Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
rafagas

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by rafagas »

137 wrote:Its whatever comes to mind. I have tried to use the editor multiple of times and I don't like the way everything is laid out, yes you can create really good looking jumps and take offs but Me and Devin go way back with using the MVA editor for making our MX tracks and they turned out sick. Earth Sculptor reminds me so much of the editor and after a few days of using it it clicked and it felt like I was making tracks for MVA again and thats how I like it. I'm no where near as good as pulse but I will gradually be up there with him one day hopefully. :lol:. It was like starting all over again with the MVA editor so of course its going to take some time.

I used to make tracks for MVA too. When I started using the MXS editor I didn't know about Earth Sculptor and I missed a lot of things from the other editor (mainly the 3D view) and it was really hard to make things like in MVA. After spending lots of hours trying and trying, now I can say that I understand the editor.
Now it would be a waste of time learning how to use ES since I've figured out how to work with the editor. But if I had to start again from 0, Earth Sculptor would be my new best friend.. no doubt about it.
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

After having enlisted ^^that^^ guy to do all the hard work on the GP-tracks the whole project is now under way again...
I've posted some more info about it on the blag.
Hopefully we can get enough of the tracks made so that a proper MXS GP series can be ran for 2013.

Here's a screenshot from rafagas Bellpuig.

Here's a screenshot from Fermo.
Mx-Team947
Team: Privateer

Post by Mx-Team947 »

*__* Haggqvist what logiciel use for making your tracks ?
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

haqq, you have to know you're still my hero, do you have any updates of valkenswaard? i still have the first beta of it
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
Mikeyyart10

Post by Mikeyyart10 »

Making about 16 GP track to the same level of fun and detail as your previous tracks will be tough I like many here would be more than happy if your made half of what you aim to do in the time you aim to do them in.

good luck that's a lot of work
Pumaxcs wrote:Easy as juan too tree.
dionhuybers
Team: AMJ Graphixx

Post by dionhuybers »

woow haggqvist! that amazing! i cant wait to ride the series in my own europe haha! a bit disappointed that Lierop isnt on your list but cant wait for the others! goodluck mate! :)
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Haggqvist, what tracks for sure wont be made? Sorry I am not familiar with the GP's, but maybe someone else will feel froggy and work on one.
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

Looks sick guys.

O'Neal Compound in the works.

If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

barrington314 wrote:Haggqvist, what tracks for sure wont be made? Sorry I am not familiar with the GP's, but maybe someone else will feel froggy and work on one.
Im on the phone and I dont have the calendar...but Qatar and Thailand wont be there since they are new tracks and obviously, cant know how they will be. Guadaljsra (México) isnt included either because the footage of the race was pretty bad. It was muddy and the riders said it was a bad track. So we'd decided to replace it with bellpuig because ive been there a couple of times and I can make a really acurated replica
Sorry for the mistakes but im on the phone.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Stuff that. Replace Bellpuig with Namur. Hagg and I were talking about making that track, so that might as well be the fill in track
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

Oh DJ that would a great idea, but I'm not sure if you can find enough footage of that track..

Or you can play MXRider and copy their version of namur ^_^
giopanda

Post by giopanda »

DJ99X wrote:Stuff that. Replace Bellpuig with Namur. Hagg and I were talking about making that track, so that might as well be the fill in track
namuur would be great, but i'll keep bellpuig for the gp series, and maybe add namuur as "extra" race, something like the mxon..
mikez#411 wrote:Oh DJ that would a great idea, but I'm not sure if you can find enough footage of that track..
race 1,2,3 of the 2001 mxon, and there's more :)

http://youtu.be/WOcDL35YAOw
http://youtu.be/z7oymyZcxdg
http://youtu.be/VqbwzPMXzpI
mikez#411

Post by mikez#411 »

Totally forgot about those... not the most recent version of the track but like every other GP track, they don't change alot haha...

I'll see if I can find some footage/pictures from the 2006 version
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

DJ99X wrote:Stuff that. Replace Bellpuig with Namur. Hagg and I were talking about making that track, so that might as well be the fill in track
If Namur is going to replace any track it'll be Bastogne, just like it should be irl.
It could also be used for the last round instead of Gaildorf as that venue is still tba for the real calendar.
My only concern with including Namur is that it'll be a shitload of work to get it right with all the objects needed.
I'm all for having Bellpuig in there because it's such a classic and I'm certain that David's track will be geat for racing.

Imo it doesn't really matter if the calendar is correct, I'd rather have a fun track that's not on the real calendar than some boring track that's only been included because FIM wants to expand the championship e.g. Semigorje.
However, the main reason for switching up the calendar is simply because it's impossible to make 16 tracks from scratch and the existing tracks have to be included if we're going to have even a remote chance of pulling this off.

The track lineup we're working on can be found here and the real calender can be viewed here.
BuddyTheElf

Post by BuddyTheElf »

Are you going to use the Uddevalla track that is already released by someone for the race or are you going to make your own version from scratch?