2014 MotoOption Supercross Rd 2 - Phoenix

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Re: 2014 MotoOption Supercross Rd 2 - Phoenix

Post by AWood »

Juan357 wrote:Jlv have to get back.. look at this track , omg , this traction is very slippery...
Traction - I like how you are changing the traction through out the series depending on how it was in the past. Phoenix is usually known for being really slippery so I get why the traction is the way it is (if it was even changed). I am still a believer in making the traction how you find it to be in the first heat or second heat race (really tacky from all the track work), to me it would be a little more enjoyable than then main event feeling (slippery dry beat up track) but that is just my opinion. Not everything can be easy so making it slippery makes it a challenge which is good.
its the same traction...
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

barrington314 wrote:Image

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JUST BECAUSE ITS THE SAME JLV TRACTION DOESNT MEAN ITS NOT SHIT...

jk. its mostly the way the berm/lip transitions are, and the exit of the sand traction
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
m121c

Post by m121c »

I can only notice how slippery it is in the flat corner really. I was giving my opinion on traction no matter who's it is. I didn't like jlv's in the first place, but I can understand the technical aspect to having it slippery.

That is also why I put in parenthesis "if the traction was even changed". I just remember Barrington stating that the traction won't be the same for every round.
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

m121c wrote: I just remember Barrington stating that the traction won't be the same for every round.
I got veto'd.
No. I really did think this weeks would be different but its not.
MX181

Post by MX181 »

m121c wrote:Berms - Thank you. That's all I have to say. No suggestions here they are exactly what I envision a sx berm to be.
Amazing work love the berms, like mason said this is how i would imagine a sx berm. #JLVtakenote
Lo2Rider
Team: Privateer

Post by Lo2Rider »

After several lap on the track here is my opinion :
- I feel like it's overscaled. I feel a little bit like i'm riding a pit bike because of the size of the jumps. For example, the jump in jump off looks too big to be real. I don't know if the scale is the same as before but it is the feeling I have.
- the berms are way too high. IMO, last week berms were awesome, I would even say almost perfect. They looked like IRL. Those are overscaled and it looks like the angle between the base of the berm and the ground is too close from 90 degrees, this result in a bad feeling and, sometimes, a weird reaction of the bike.
- jumps are too sharp. Some take off look like wall! The double double (or triple single) after the jump in jump off is a good example.
- whoops are nice, well spaced and the size is good, my favorite part of the track.

Not a bad track but not as good as A1 which is one of my favorite tracks.
dmack111
Team: Privateer

Post by dmack111 »

Track is super fun to ride. jumps are good, whoops are better then A1.
XBL:DJMackRacer315
R.I.P. Kurt Caselli #66
wellsmxracer67
Team: triangle cycles

Post by wellsmxracer67 »

when i ride this track only one gate shows up and the timing gates are missing what do i do??
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

wellsmxracer67 wrote:when i ride this track only one gate shows up and the timing gates are missing what do i do??
update to 1.9
motox16
Team: LA ktm

Post by motox16 »

is my ground texture supposed to look like clay cuz it sure is hell isnt dirt
Juan357

Post by Juan357 »

And about the real sand? where is it? I just can watch textures.. thats why i want jlv back.. he is the best.
Track Comp 2010 Champion!
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Figured I'd make a track post, hopefully it can help...

Disp: Awesome, best SX I've ever rode, I don't think It's ever felt more realistic. Berms ride perfect. So tech and perfect!

Whoops: See what happens when you listen to AMs? :roll: :roll: :roll: (Pretty sure it was built before A1 haha!)

Traction: IMO it rides nicely pretty much everwhere but it's so god damn fucking bad turning left after the sand and into T1 I just don't understand why it's still being used. Hopefully this will be the next change.

Env/Decals: Something still isn't right about it for me. I don't know what, but it looks so dull to me, I don't know if it's the flavoring of the decals or lighting that doesn't have enough track doesn't get enough love relative to the seating in the stadium.
Also, the stadium sequence logos all have White or Black backgrounds, It would look better just Black, if you get my drift.........
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
m121c

Post by m121c »

Rode the track a little more. I think if the rhythm jumps were a bit taller they wouldn't kick your as bad. Right now I think they are a little to steep for how short they are and it just kind of bottoms the suspension out. Although they do need to run really stiff suspension is sx, I just think having them a little taller would be ride better. I think the spacing and the rounded tops and the steepness is spot on. If making them taller makes it to easy to do big lines then in my opinion I would play with the roll resist a little bit and just make minor changes or play with how much of a run you have coming out of the corners (although I think they are perfect where they are at right now).

All of this can be avoided though also, just like real life if you know a jump is a kicker then you hit it differently, you don't just seat bounce it wide open and catapulted over the bars and then cuss out the track builder for the kicker being there. :lol:

I think that's my last feedback for the track. Now I'm gonna have some fun on it. :lol:
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

m121c wrote: All of this can be avoided though also, just like real life if you know a jump is a kicker then you hit it differently, you don't just seat bounce it wide open and catapulted over the bars and then cuss out the track builder for the kicker being there. :lol:
I think this can kind of be the case with whoops too. Every set so far in these 2 rounds has been either weird setups or weird exits. As in we havent had any that just sit between 2 180s. I think everyone just wants to go pinned wide open through them because they know that if they do end up making it, their lap time will be awesome.
When I re did that section last night that they changed IRL, I had to move the step on step off and the double double section towards the stadium wall more... I think I might have messed up the face of that take off on the double double. Oops. At least we all have to deal with it. Too bad we cant go out with the dozer and fix it up quick. :lol: