2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 10: Namur - Still Alive!

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

Re: 2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 10: Namur - Still Alive

Post by honda23 »

Max1633du16 wrote:Fuck Belgium hahahahaha Fred

Good Job for the track ! I have started it a long time ago but i nerver finished it ahahah ! Respect man
Thanks Maxime! I seriously hope you release yours :D
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
Mumhra
Team: Privateer

Re: 2015 MXS Italian Championship Rd 10: Namur - Still Alive!

Post by Mumhra »

I know i'm late with this post but i really want to thank the track maker of this magnificent track. I was one of the first who actually bought this game and when i bought it i really hoped that someone would someday make this track. I don't visit this forum often but today i found out someone has finally mad it. Thank you.

I live at about 45 minutes drive from Namur and i have not missed one motocross event on it since 1980. I'm so sad it stopped back in 2008, but you could really feel it coming. When Stefan Everts retired in 2006 you could really see that a lot of fans stayed away so it was bound to happen soon after that.

I actually rode the track in real life twice. The first time was back in the 80's. I had a Suzuki RM 80 and on saturday evening i rode on parts of the track. Not the entire track lol. The 80 cc was not powerfull enough to make it up the steps i think :D . Back then things weren't so strict so noone complained about it. The 2nd time i rode it was back in 2007 i think. For 60 euro's you could do a few laps after the GP. It was fantastic. I'm not a very good rider, but i really had a blast.

Just like now. I really love this thing. Again, thank you track maker.
I would make a few remarks tho.

1. The park section is a lot more narrow irl. Jumping of the Esplanade (the pablo design banner), starting at the parts Europe banners, going under the bride, untill the ProGrip banners the track is a lot wider in this game then it was in real life. Especially the part under the bridge was very narrow irl.
Probaly this is better though because it makes for more fun when there is actually margin for error.
2. Going into the forest (starting at the Sidi banners untill the building chalet du monument) there is way to much light in this game. It really felt like driving in the night. The trees were next to the track. You couldn't see the sky irl because of the trees. In this game the trees are to far away from the track and there is way to much light. Also, again, the track here is a lot wider then it was irl. In real life it sometimes was not more then 6 feet wide.
Again, this is a good thing. If the track is darker you probably would not be able to see the ruts so i'm not compaining about this.
3. The section at chalet du monument is fantastic. If i miss one thing it must be music, airhorns and just plain noise from the fans. In the woods it was quiet. There was only the sound of your engine. And then when you came out of the forest, at chalet du monument there was so much noise you barely could hear the engines. Those Brits really made a party of that part of the track.
4. The steps are fantastic. Really brings back memories. Thumbs up.
5. I'm not sure about the final drop just before jumping back onto the esplanade. At the Alpinestars banners there is a kink to the left just before dropping downhill. There used to be a kink, but a lot smaller. Therefor the next corner, at the bottom of this hole, seems to be a lot sharper then it was in real life.
This is the only part in this track which bugs me a little. No biggie though, it still is one of the best tracks i have ever seen in this game.

Sadly we won't ever see track like this again in the mx. Only if someone with a lot money give Luongo a pile, but i don't see that happening :D

Great track... thx.
Mumhra

Post by Mumhra »

One more thing...

Namur in Italy ?? Last time i checked Namur was in Belgium :wink: :P
honda23
Team: RKI/JDS

Post by honda23 »

Mumhra wrote:One more thing...

Namur in Italy ?? Last time i checked Namur was in Belgium :wink: :P
No i thought it was in Italy :wink: Jokes apart my team really wanted this track to be done, so why not, it's not the best of my skill anyway but we chose it for the championship, it will be in for next one too with some changes maybe and better visuals. Thanks for your advices and comments i really appreciate them, i'll take them into consideration for this years one even if it will be difficult as in game it's completely different, you barely can see bumps because the basetex is very dark but i'll do my best, for the enviroment too :wink: I'm glad to see some fans here of this historycal track, as you said unfortunately there will be no more as it seems like the president of youth stream tries to sponsor indoor tracks, which is not good for our sport at all!

Cheers :D
Gabriele Grossi #22 | RKI JayDeeSounds Italia Racing Team
Trackmaker, PM me to get your favourite track done at reasonable prices!
If you like my works --> https://www.paypal.me/Gabrielegrossi
Mumhra

Post by Mumhra »

Hold your horses. No need to change anything. I was just pointing out differences between this version and the real track. Making it look more like the real track will probably ruin racing on it.
1. Making it tighter will ruin online racing
2. Putting trees closer to the track and making it darker will ruin all racing because you won't be able to see the ruts on the track.

It's fine as it is. And you said it yourself. You won't ever to make it just like the real track because it is such a special track. The only thing i would maybe change is that last corner before you jump into the hole before going back upto the Esplanade. I really don't remember that left kink before the hole. Or at least a lot less. The rest of the track i would leave untouched.