*Track Contest* Operation MX - DDMX488

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
ddmx

Re: *Track Contest* Operation MX - DDMX488

Post by ddmx »

well, as far as the textures, i really saw that one coming. They're not one of my strong points and i didn't really put that much time into them. Oh well. As far as the lagging issues. The first objects i reccomend taking out are the trees. All three of them. The displacement map is 1025 x 1025 because every track i've ever opened was that size, and the blank track i started with (supplied by you dj) had a disp of 1025. This track uses a sand texture, if your track is white then i will reupload the sand texture i used. this will fix it.

First post update
KYLE169THERUT
Team: Privateer

Post by KYLE169THERUT »

sweet :D
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

why was mine bumper than a 50 lap moto at daytona?
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Pumaxcs wrote:why was mine bumper than a 50 lap moto at daytona?
what? bumpier? the track is all smoothed out except for in the sand.
Netdemon01

Post by Netdemon01 »

It did not lag my computer at all, even raced with a couple AI. My biggest complaint is the tire marks. They aren't even dirt bike tire marks; they look like some sort of car tire. And they're about twice as wide as the bikes tire. I would change them to a bike tire pattern, lighten the color so they blend better, and scale them less wide. And thats not really even a big problem, just more annoying than anything to see them every where. I enjoyed the layout, nice and open with sweeping turns. The jumps are kind of odd though. I seemed to hit them and bounce off, like the transition was convex instead of concave. I would smooth the take-offs of your jumps. This would allow better bike control in the air and add a lot of flow to the track.

"This game will always be about pushing it right to the edge without going over .... to keep up with the top riders you will still have to be right on the edge of control." - jlv
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

daytona?
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

the reason for some of the jumps being like that, and the whoops being boxy, is because of the scale. The whoops are setting on black and their opacity is 2%! Because the elevation varies so much from high to low the jumps suffer. I used a very tried and true technique to make the jumps in photoshop. Edit curves, layer screen type. It was just didn't turn out that well, because of the elevation. In hindsight, i should've made it with a little less elevation change.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

yes i ment bumpier... you people are the most freaking people about spelling *looking at you freddy and DJ* :D

and mine i had to ride in arcade just to do a lap and still crashed twice.. (i no i didnt think it was possible either)
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

ddmx488 wrote:the reason for some of the jumps being like that, and the whoops being boxy, is because of the scale. The whoops are setting on black and their opacity is 2%! Because the elevation varies so much from high to low the jumps suffer. I used a very tried and true technique to make the jumps in photoshop. Edit curves, layer screen type. It was just didn't turn out that well, because of the elevation. In hindsight, i should've made it with a little less elevation change.
You do know that if your image is grayscale then curves are reversed.
mxracer118

Post by mxracer118 »

can you release a low def version because i tried every thing and it still lags could it be my computer or what
DJ99X wrote:Putting forum quotes in your signature is gay as fuck
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

Ok first off I know some of you are younger and maybe rely on your parents for your computers, but I got this one from walmart on sale for $500 about a year ago. I don't know hardly anything about computers but with this one I can run itunes behind mxsim and still play the game with no lag. I ran this track with no problems whatsoever. Just a thought. Now on to my critique: First I think the track is pretty fun. I like the overall atmosphere going on with the banners and trackside objects and whatnot. My only problems are that there are places on the track where it is leaning to one side and it seems like you are trying to fight to keep the bike in a straight line more than anything else. Also I dont think the whoops look bad, they are just a little either too far apart or a little too high. You sort of nose into the next one you hit each time. But that is my 2 cents and overall I like the track once you get the flow of it.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=9252418
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
frederick
Team: Adept

Post by frederick »

Pumaxcs wrote:yes i ment bumpier... you people are the most freaking people about spelling *looking at you freddy and DJ* :D

and mine i had to ride in arcade just to do a lap and still crashed twice.. (i no i didnt think it was possible either)
dude i dont think spelling is That important since english isnt my main language, i just cant read what you write sometimes;P
and is there i track called Daytona? did i miss something here?

And ddmx, was it not possible to like edit the jumps a little bit in the mxs editor? just smoothen them a little bit
mxracer118

Post by mxracer118 »

ya i got my computer a wall mart to and its a dell an its no more than a year old i even have a graphics card so i don't know why it is lagging for me
dearnhardtfan7

Post by dearnhardtfan7 »

first make sure you dont have anything running behind the game. When mine decides to start doing a virus scan is the only time I really have to deal with lag.
R.I.P. Jacob Nash #241
PSN-chrismri463
xfire--cmarona463
mxracer118

Post by mxracer118 »

i just tried it with nothing els running and it still lags any thing els that would make it lag