Benkeboda

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
haggqvist

Re: Benkeboda

Post by haggqvist »

Motoboss wrote:-On track textures to off track was very bad ...If your going to have that drastic of a change you need to blend them both together some how
-The trees just ruined it for me..if your going for a realistic environment it has to be beleivable ...all the trees are the same size ...all it would have took was lowing every other one ...easy fix in my book
I don't really understand what you mean about the textures; ontrack is sand and offtrack is snow, why should they blended together?
As for the trees being the same size; there's actually four different sizes of trees and swedish pine forests have a tendency to look rather uniform in size because the trees were planted at the same time.
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Motoboss wrote:-Things looked too man made all the whoops should of been broken up more ...I dont know how to explain except for to give Glen Helen as a referance ...You cant really tell its a whoop section
Now, I don't know if it's the way the tracks are built around here or if it just forms naturally when ridden, but I've been to 4 or 5 different deep sand tracks and they all had whoops that look pretty much exactly like in this track. Even the one that was abandoned, in the middle of a forest with no track maintenance for at least 8 years or so.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

I like the disp on this track a lot. Took a little while to get used to but you can rail the ruts/berms if you hit them right. I like the tileinfo a lot too actually, even on the 125 it feels pretty realistic imo. Better fps than Sorketorp too. You're a track making legend already :D.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
HeGgE
Team: Adept

Post by HeGgE »

Apperently we should listen to motoboss cuz he seems to know how the swedish tracks is :roll:
i think you did an awsome job on this! like it very much!

greetings from a true swede ;)
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

Cheers!
yzmxer608 wrote:Better fps than Sorketorp too.
It annoys me a bit that I rescaled the old disp from 1025 to 2049. In hindsight it would probably have been possible to have the same level of detail with a 1025 disp. I guess I'll just have to whip up another one...
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

For which track are you talking about?
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

This one.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

dxb_HeGgE wrote:Apperently we should listen to motoboss cuz he seems to know how the swedish tracks is :roll:
i think you did an awsome job on this! like it very much!

greetings from a true swede ;)
HaHa Ive never seen sand track stay together that much after its been ridden on as much as this track has according to the ruts and going by deep frictoin tile info...I geuss sweden has magic sand ...You guys need to package that crap and sell it .... :wink:

haggqvist on the textures blending You should of taken some of the off track and mixed in with the on track ..no big deal thats just what I was saying earlier
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
HeGgE

Post by HeGgE »

Everything is possible for the right price ;)
haggqvist

Post by haggqvist »

I was wrong about the disp resolution. 1025 resolution is too low to display decent looking ruts even for a sand track, I just tried to rescale the disp and it looks like crap...
Motoboss wrote:haggqvist on the textures blending You should of taken some of the off track and mixed in with the on track ..no big deal thats just what I was saying earlier
Still not sure what you mean but if it's about having patches of snow ontrack I decided against it because of the pain in the ass tilemap editing. Not much use having snow on track with sand roost...
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

Thats all I was saying ...good job though
I apologize for the tree thing didnt know they were all planted at the same time
Someone pmed me letting me know...
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
frederick

Post by frederick »

I never thought swedish style tracks would be so much fun for mxs.

About the whoop thingy, many sand tracks ive been to look like they have man made whoops. I dont know why it is like this. Might be because swedish sand tracks are often alot slower than american tracks, wich makes for really monotone whoops that look the same because everyone get on the gas at almost the same spot.
yzmxer608

Post by yzmxer608 »

haggqvist wrote:This one.
I meant I get higher fps on this track than Sorketorp, the 2049x2049 here is fine for me.
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Motoboss, I really like this track , but i ride in Holland , and there you have many heavy sand tracks, a few of them are on the GP's of Lommel and Lierop
It would be awesome if anyone want to make Lommel ;)
Here are some pics of them , you can see the bumps etc.
Lierop
Home track Axel , 2 minutes off my house
Lierop GP 2011
Sorry for my bad English , if you want to see more pictures , www.mxmag.be
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

i work sins yesterday on the 2010 trackmap of lommel (cuz i cant find them on the web). after i have done that i will make the disp etc etc...

Ps. if someone have the 2010 trackmap of lommel send me a pm ;)
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion