2015 MotoOption Supercross by Fly Rd 13 - St. Louis

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Re: 2015 MotoOption Supercross by Fly Rd 13 - St. Louis

Post by Ohagan75 »

LKR47 wrote:
mxsrider96 wrote:
LKR47 wrote:I really dont see what you all are complaining about. The track flows good imo.
Until you really try to push and run a time that might qualify you into the night show, yeah it flows fine
Well Ive ran about 45 solid laps only falling a couple times so I still dont see your point....
For those 45 laps what was your best lap time?
Donate if you like My Creations
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

So a replica track that flows for the slowest of the slow and the fastest of the fast, triples that we can hit 4th pinned, whoops that are challenging but not too hard that you crash, tables that joe beginner can step off of, berms that are 8 feet tall and rail able but rhythm lanes that you cant 4 or 5 into (or do you guys want that, im still not sure), a wide track but not too wide, online erode, and tear offs. Got it. Houston gonna be fire.
jeremy103
Team: MCD Honda

Post by jeremy103 »

Freggin rights bud. You got it.
Big Smooth one3
Team: TMFR [Aulmni]

Post by Big Smooth one3 »

barrington314 wrote:So a replica track that flows for the slowest of the slow and the fastest of the fast, triples that we can hit 4th pinned, whoops that are challenging but not too hard that you crash, tables that joe beginner can step off of, berms that are 8 feet tall and rail able but rhythm lanes that you cant 4 or 5 into (or do you guys want that, im still not sure), a wide track but not too wide, online erode, and tear offs. Got it. Houston gonna be fire.
...and good ruts, except for one's up the face of jumps that are hard
Aggressively Mediocre Image
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

I never said the track was bad, could it be made a bit better, maybe, is it the designs fault? mostly
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Yamahaman95 wrote:I never said the track was bad, could it be made a bit better, maybe, is it the designs fault? mostly
Im not saying my way is 100% correct. I still think there are other ways out there that could be explored. And Tony, for as much as you critique these tracks, why arent you building any to scale from start to finish your own way? I would honestly love to take your work and compare with mine, not as a pissing match but to see like "ok well this works with yours, lets see if it can be implemented with mine..." Its easy to say on the forums, "it should be this way or that way" but totally different to actually make it work, for a complete track, all series long.
Good thing there are only a few more rounds left, im burnt again. Hopefully my planned break from this game over the summer allows me to try some more stuff out for SX again.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

barrington314 wrote:
Yamahaman95 wrote:I never said the track was bad, could it be made a bit better, maybe, is it the designs fault? mostly
Im not saying my way is 100% correct. I still think there are other ways out there that could be explored. And Tony, for as much as you critique these tracks, why arent you building any to scale from start to finish your own way? I would honestly love to take your work and compare with mine, not as a pissing match but to see like "ok well this works with yours, lets see if it can be implemented with mine..." Its easy to say on the forums, "it should be this way or that way" but totally different to actually make it work, for a complete track, all series long.
Good thing there are only a few more rounds left, im burnt again. Hopefully my planned break from this game over the summer allows me to try some more stuff out for SX again.
You're spot on. These things are a bitch to build and the fact that you are doing it in the short timeframe that you are and as many as you are, it isn't like you can really "sit on" any one section or track for that matter for long. Hopefully my comments haven't upset you, I'm not a fan of quite a few rounds, but I surely don't think I could do better. This track for instance is nearly the same layout as Toronto 2014 I built last year, and I went and played that. While there was a thing or two I liked better from last year's, I think this year's STL is the better of the two tracks.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

RIP to nationals w/o barrington
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Yamahaman95

Post by Yamahaman95 »

I was backing you up barrington...
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

checkerz wrote: Hopefully my comments haven't upset you,
No, no ones really have. Ive been way more mellow on the comments this year. And im not getting burnt out by any of the negative feedback, just burnt out because this is alot of tracks. :shock:
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Yamahaman95 wrote:I was backing you up barrington...
I know. And im just saying, cant we be friends and work together for the greater of track making!? 8) :lol:
Yamahaman95

Post by Yamahaman95 »

i can't do what you do, and you know it. i only like making my style and layouts, i started making a san diego and made it about half way and said fuck it, because i wasnt enjoying it
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

barrington314 wrote:
checkerz wrote: Hopefully my comments haven't upset you,
No, no ones really have. Ive been way more mellow on the comments this year. And im not getting burnt out by any of the negative feedback, just burnt out because this is alot of tracks. :shock:
I give you a lot of props for having the ability to do this. I can;t make it through two sections of track making in this game, and you're making 16 tracks. That's gnarly. I will admit that a lot of my negative feedback is majorly due to how much I suck and can't hardly ride a track, but when you come into 2014 SX expecting JLV tracks and an AM series that you should be good at, and you don't get it, it really hurts. (Yes I realize this isn't 2014, but god dammit that was gonna be my year lol) Anyway, Barrington, I hope to see you continuing to at least help with making these. I think you do an outstanding job, whether I am always pleased with riding the track or not, your professionalism with it is pretty awesome.
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
barrington314

Post by barrington314 »

Id like to experiment with getting the berms more like this, some day. Still, they arent very tall. Map says 4 foot, maybe 5 at most. But they are for sure more "cupped" and "wrapped" around more.
Yamahaman95

Post by Yamahaman95 »

Like dis?